Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Pimped 260

I can sorta see where he's coming from... but with any "Negative Talk" surrounding products it is a good idea to provide facts or evidence.

I guess if Kaimai has had bad experiences with NZ made stocks then a warning is welcome to help Forum members become aware of them... but it was a good old fashioned downpour on the parade.

Bugger that! the point of a forum is to have a discussion, and to give your opinions. I personally don't have any experience with these stocks so I can't comment but I do agree, for $950 i would have expected an immaculate fit and finish.

I hope @Titanium gets full value for money and the stock is all that he wished for, and the rifle is a real tack driver.

But let's not pile into @Kaimai Views for having an objective look at the stock.

I'd question whether that slim stock is suitable for the action. If the tang is flush it's only just and the bottom metal is protruding under the stock to a point where the mag floor plate pivot pin is not captive, and could migrate.

I'm seeing the ejection cutout in the stock misaligned fore and aft with the action by about 3mm, and unsealed infill material.

It's up to the proud new owner to decide whether he's got his $950.00 worth......

B
    veitnamcam, BRADS and 25/08IMP like this.

Nice looking stock, surprised at package rifle weight, I would have expected less, although the scope looks heavy.
    I agree with the above posters, that the action looks high in the stock, I just looked at my two rem 700 and they both sit lower, in bell and Carson medalist stocks,
    How much do these stocks normally weigh. For a short action M70 or rem 700??

Have been reading these with interest as I have a Senator on my Tikka. When Jason first sent it back the fit was not good big gap under the bolt and the action sitting proud, after a quick call he explained that it was just a temp stock as I needed it back to go hunting, so he then arranged a replacement one and the fit is good. ( Well I think so anyway. ) So I'm sure if @Titanium was unhappy Jason would sort it.

Any idea what the bare stock weighs? Nice looking rifle!

Your an idiot, amazing what you can see from a photo. A majority of your posts seem to be about putting down suppressors or stocks. Stop bashing kiwi manufacturers of firearm based products and give them some encouragement instead. We don't need people like you on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    Your an idiot, amazing what you can see from a photo. A majority of your posts seem to be about putting down suppressors or stocks. Stop bashing kiwi manufacturers of firearm based products and give them some encouragement instead. We don't need people like you on here.
    And who might you be referring to please ? ....

B

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    And who might you be referring to please ? ....

B
    He is referring to Kaimai views post back on page 1 of this thread.

For all those wondering about Kaimai, he is a Gunsmith based in NZ, trying to put down others work to make him look good. Seems a very strange way of doing business and really once people find out who he is then I'm sure his business will be in tatters. Just read his posts, not hard to work out who he is.
    ebf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    He is referring to Kaimai views post back on page 1 of this thread.
    Then he should have quoted him.

Like I said in my post, what's the problem with having an objective look at the stock, and seeing what you get when you spend your hard earned $NZ, with a NZ manufacturer, ......there are other options.

B
    camo wsm and BRADS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by possum_shooter View Post
    For all those wondering about Kaimai, he is a Gunsmith based in NZ, trying to put down others work to make him look good. Seems a very strange way of doing business and really once people find out who he is then I'm sure his business will be in tatters. Just read his posts, not hard to work out who he is.
    I couldn't care less who he is....I'm not in anyone's camp but my own...and I expect value for my money, be it spent in or out of NZ.

B
    outdoorlad, camo wsm, Gibo and 1 others like this.