Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: In praise of Gun City

Quote Originally Posted by oneipete View Post
    You want to know about human fuckups ? Nothing to do with guns,hunting etc but... Try dealing with the nz medical system,let alone the inept, incompetent, retarded, soulless , vastly overpaid idiots that run the waikato hospital.
    I near broke my back a while back after losing a game of Bull rush,( with an actual Bull),after a while i get a letter in the mail for a hospital appointment.
    I turn up,hand in the mailed,auto filled out form for the appointment,it had my name address,dob, and everything else about me on it.

Wait for 3 hours,painful to sit or stand.Then i get told the doctor will see me.Wait in some room for another 45 mins.
    Finally some guy bustles into the room,doesnt even glance at me,hands me a form to fill out then disappears.I fill out the form,my name,address,dob,blah blah, then wait another 30 mins for someone to take it.Guy shows up,looks at the form,types it into a computer and the printer spits out a sticker will all this info (name,dob etc) and he then sticks it onto the form and says "all done,we will send out a letter for an appointment for you to be assessed."
    Something in my face must have alarmed him as he backed out of the room when i made the mild comment of 'i can see why there is so much security around''.

the further up the management chain people are the more detached from reality, and more self entitlement to their undeserved wages they become. Dont worry, the peasants will revolt over this shit soon

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I got an email from them the other day on ammo prices.

I have never ever looked at anything guncity and was miffed how they got my email address.

I now know how and it pisses me off a bit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Care to elaborate - by pm if preferred?

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Care to elaborate - by pm if preferred?
    Must have got it from a national website like PNZ

timattalon likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Ben & Stu at the Tron store are top blokes

That's one thing I love about going to a GC store, at least there's plenty of different rifles & shoties to look & play with not just a wall full of T3's.
    I got served by Stu, and would have to agree with you. He even got me to play with a rifle I had no interest in (a teeny Rossi lever action .44) because of how silly it would look being shouldered on my overly tall frame.

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Really..i find it amusing that you singing the praise of Gun City because they stuffed up and sent you the wrong product Wouldnt call that customer service, just another stuff up being sent the wrong product. Ok, maybe they were out of stock, they should of informed you and offered a replacement than just send something which isnt what you ordered.
    More mucking around contacting them and wasting your time getting it sorted. The LEAST they can do is do what they did, so i suppose thats a good fix so good on them but the end of the day you ordered something, they sent the wrong stuff, equals poor service to me, more hassle contacting them etc etc.
    Only good thing is they have tried to fixed it, crawled up your arse to make you happy....suppose thats service

Believe me, the other messed up orders I'm still chasing up have shown me that Gun City did far more than the least a retailer could. I'm not upset that they screwed up in the first place, mistakes happen, and it's an easy enough one to make, especially at a time of increased workload like the lead up to Christmas. What impressed me is that they immediately owned their mistake, apologised, and sorted it out in a satisfactory way.

Meanwhile, still waiting on the courier pick up for the wrong scope, sent another email to that retailer and he's said he'll be chasing them up. And the retailer who supplied the correct scope neglected to include the advertised lens covers in the package. No reply to my email to them so far.
    EDIT: Got a reply, turns out their website is out of date and that scope no longer comes standard with the covers. However, they are sending me a pair, as that's what they advertised to me.

All in all, Gun City come out of this looking pretty good, especially considering the two other parcels I received from them were completely accurate.
    Last edited by Solo; 15-12-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Try to avoid gun city but have brought firearms d bits and pieces in the past. Flicking through the reloaders catalogue today and saw something I liked $99. Jumped online and found it on trade me from guncity $149 same on their website. Gave them a ring and they have matched reloaders current price online $110 with free freight..... Will wait and see if they right product shows up but can't argue with what's happened so far

There some real glass half empty comments here.

I've never had any trouble with Gun City. Good service in Wellington. If they are too expensive I go somewhere else and they can't bull shit me because I know what I want and why I want it.

I wonder how many lives were saved for free in the Waikato Hospital on the day that you got the run around oneipete? Sure, no one likes shit service, but keep it in perspective.
    BRADS, Happy, Steve123 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Try to avoid gun city but have brought firearms d bits and pieces in the past. Flicking through the reloaders catalogue today and saw something I liked $99. Jumped online and found it on trade me from guncity $149 same on their website. Gave them a ring and they have matched reloaders current price online $110 with free freight..... Will wait and see if they right product shows up but can't argue with what's happened so far
    Why didn't you just buy it from Reloaders rather than lining the Tipple's pockets?
    Kscott, veitnamcam and Tommy like this.

after a couple of hiccups ive always had good service from GC in CHCH.a couple of dicey incidents with rifles ,but always cheerfully repaired (and the exact nature of the fault clearly shown to me)often with a bonus packet of ammo or suchlike thrown in because id been disadvantaged.
    this is in complete contrast to another famous store whose notorious su[persalesman tried every pressure tactic in the book and underquoted me a gunsmith repair by50 bloody %.I shop where i want for what i want and if i like the salespersons approach(after watching all and sundry in action serving or not)I may well buy.otherwise its back another day or go elsewhere.
    Im inclined to think at least some off the shite hurled at GC is on account of the owners sometimes erratic antics.

as with any type of chain store it all depends who you actually deal with not the store itself

I think GC brought the client list from the "cross dressers are us ' website.
    veitnamcam, tetawa, 308 and 1 others like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

In seriousness though, if this has happened, not a good light on PNZ. I think there are rules about passing on of people's contact details etc? Or can a member of public find your email from the web site?
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    Because there are no consequences for poor performance.

There's a generation out there that have been brought up to think " it's OK, at least you tried, it's all about participating "....... hold me up while I spew please.

I honestly look back with fond memories at being the hangar scrote, being called a "fuck pig young cnut ", being told to sweep the bay again, being told to clean and test another 4 sets of Fletcher plugs (16 plugs to a set ).
    Because by Christ, when the work was done we had some fun. Work BBQ's , floors awash with booze, a bit of a touch with the office lady on a warm bonnet at the back of the carpark.

I look back back with fond memories lifting hay with our crew from school and a few Kling-ons that didn't last. We used to leave Tokoroa at 10.00, drive halfway to Taupo up to the Lands and Survey blocks. 40-60 acre paddocks of lucerne. "Yeah mate, around 1500 I think" , they'd tell us. The counter on the baler was alway fucked. I saw guys cry when we'd done 3000, and still be only half done....and get home at 0800 the next day.

It's weird lifting hay in sleet dressed in a swandri and wooden hat.....

Mum would ring the GF to say that she didn't think I'd make the movies that night.

It taught us work ethic, stickability, and comradeship, and how to cope.

Dad would make me drink a glass of water with salt in it, then a cuppa, and put a rug over me when I slept on sheepskins on my bedroom floor to straighten my back out.

Then we'd go and do it again, and again.... mates, comradeship, blisters, cuts, and a feed from the Managers missus if we were lucky.

"Mate, did you see her tits " .? ......... " yeah, ffffffaaaaarrrrrk".

I had another job during the May and August holidays in the sixth form, I learnt the basics of fencing. Dad dropped me off two miles south of Kinleith, I gave a mate and his dad a hand to tidy up their new farm fences and make and swing new gates, build new yards.
    I worked all day, then ran home each night in my boots to town on SH 1, just in time for dinner. No cellphones to get mum to pick me up cause I didn't like it. She would've told me to just get on with it anyway.....but by Christ I was fit for footy....and a few years later an engagement ring, same GF.

It was fkn hard going for a townie kid, but I reckon I did ok, unfortunately it probably turned me into the thankless grumpy prick I am.

Now I get told by the hairys " you can't talk to me like that "........I just grin and shake my head, some of them wouldn't last 5 minutes along side my mother.

I'm more than happy to offer a "hand up", and really encourage the lads with the ethics and the smarts, but I loathe the ones that want it all on a plate.

Rant over, time to get on the crutches and shuffle down for a coffee......

B

ps, .....just realised this has got fuck all to do with GC, but it made me feel better....
    Blood good stream of consciousness rant bought back some memories of doing hay and shit round kawakawa in the 70s. I too owned a swanni but never had a wooden hat.
    veitnamcam, Gerbs, shift14 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Blood good stream of consciousness rant bought back some memories of doing hay and shit round kawakawa in the 70s. I too owned a swanni but never had a wooden hat.
    Haha, yeah I ditched the wooden one, I use the tinfoil one mostly these days, cause they're watching us ya know..

B
    Scouser, Beaker and Marty Henry like this.

northdude
    Gun city have always matched or bettered a competitors price when I've been there why buy from GC and not the competitor well gun city was open and they weren't

That is bloody concerning if true.....what other information may they or others be able to gather!?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.