Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

QD 1 piece 30mm mount

I'm looking for one for my AR/Nightforce combo. Needs to be "not super-high", reasonably light, QD with good return to zero.

Considering the:

Larue Tactical - Hard to get out of USA, $350AU to buy in Australia Fffffuck that (like $160US in USA). Reasonably light. Looks pretty. Not as good of a QD system as ADM/Bobro.

American Defense Manufacturing - Might be able to get? The "AD-Scout" (I think) mount looks good, reasonably light, not so pretty though

Bobro - God knows if I can get one. Supposed to be great return to zero. Pretty heavy? Looks ok.

Roedale Precision - $rape, looks pretty, customer service hahahaha, should be quality though. Possibly quite heavy?

Anyone use something different, or have any suggestions what to go with? I can probably get any of them out of the USA through slightly dubious practices of "smuggling".

what about the Burris ones? i have got one of each in 30mm n 1 inch in the non qd and they look/work fine and were cheap - $72 us from memory.

Maybe I'll get the QD model and dremel the rails off the ring caps. It's quite heavy, but I don't really want to wait for the ADM to come back in stock and I don't want to spend $350 on a Larue, or wait for "my guy" to smuggle me one.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    I think I have a Larue copy (with Larue on it!)
    Looks pretty sweet to me!

Squashed like a Flea
    G'Day Fella's,

gimp, Nightforce makes a one piece base called the Unimount!.
    It appears the rings and base are machined from the same piece of 7075-T6 Aluminum and it is made to fit a 1913 Pic rail.
    Unfortunately, the unit I'm looking at (in their catledog), has a 20MOA taper machined in!

Hope that helps

Doh!
    Homer

I need something with a foward cantilever so that it can be attached to the rail on top of the reciever and not the forend (forend has movement in it), and give the right eye relief.

It needs to be QD so that I can swap my Aimpoint Micro T-1 on for use with night vision.

Probably just going to shell out the $rape for a Larue LT-104

Have a look at my knockoff when you're up here

Yah. Where'd you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Yah. Where'd you get it?
    Dont remember - chingbongwa land somewhere?

If anyone buys the ADM-Scout mount on trademe I'll complain a lot and possibly malign their ancestry.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Nightforce makes a one piece base called the Unimount!.
    It appears the rings and base are machined from the same piece of 7075-T6 Aluminum and it is made to fit a 1913 Pic rail.
    Unfortunately, the unit I'm looking at (in their catledog), has a 20MOA taper machined in!

I went and had another look at the NF unimount, I think I've decided to go with it. It's light (7.1oz), low-profile, mounts lower than most of the other 1-piece mounts, looks pretty (essential), has a cantilever (I didn't realise they made a cantilever model!), and with my (Tussocks!) torque wrench it should return to zero pretty well when removing/replacing even though it isn't "QD" as such.

i've owned cars worth LESS than that mount...

Me too. First car I bought was $50, 1983 Ford Laser.

The battery terminals were No8 wire. It had sweet Rasta Racing Stripes and also no muffler. It made all of 1 trip and then got towed when I couldn't get it to start again.

Squashed like a Flea
    gimp, you could have one of the flats on each of the Hex headed attachment nuts, drilled and tapped (say M4?) and then screw a 15 to 20mm long Cap Head Allen Bolt into them???
    You could then use the Allen Bolts, as a QD lever to loosen the attachment nuts???

Just a thought

Doh!
    Homer