Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar

Rings/bases suggestions

I have a Winchester Featherweight that has Burris Signature Rings, the bases are leupold's turn in front and windage back.
    With my leupold 3.5x10 It's fine , however I want that leupy on another rifle and have a Weaver Grandslam 3x10 to go on.
    The problem is I cannot get eye relief with the Weaver, I really have to crowd the stock otherwise I see about an inch circle through the scope at 10x with the scope as far back as it will go .
    I cannot reverse the bases as the back base is higher and even with a 10MOA shim in the back end using the front base there the scope still points up.
    Short of shortening the stock can anyone suggest a set of bases that will allow me to move the Weaver back far enough to gain eye relief.
    Ta.

Impure Lead Flinger
    rail?

"You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Cheers B/Bob, thought about a rail, have to see if I can find one that will fit. If I can that will certainly solve the relief problem and I have rings to fit a rail.

Sneeze, it's the gap between the bases that's a problem, not allowing me to bring the Weaver back another inch in the rings to get proper eye relief with that scope.I'll give gunworks a ring and see what they say. Ta

yes I got that, the rings on the talleys sit behind the back screw a bit, not between them ,thought that might give you enough? they are light strong and not to bad price wise.There are plenty of rails that will fit, ken farrel makes some top notch stuff.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Cheers.

I have one-piece Talley rings. They're pretty good.