Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Scope capable of dialing

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar

Scope capable of dialing

What options are there?; in something capable of being dialed
    $800 - $1400

4x zoom at bottom end would be the max I'd want - preferable 40-44mm objective

Turrets can be under caps - just be be easy to reset

VX3
    Vortex - who has used them?
    Sightron

Or as I only really shoot to 500m - a scope with a suitable reitcale

Sightron seem good from what I have read, also Vortex. who sells Vortex in NZ only site I found showed no prices
    VIVA LA HOWA

How about a Leupold VX 3 4.5 -14 x 40mm long range with side focus and CDS. Not 4 x but pretty close at the bottom end. My brother has the 4.5 - 14 x 50 mm on a 300 wsm and dials accurately.

I bought a Kaspa by Weaver with side parrallex and exposed dialing turrets which are lockable after adjustment buy pushing down.I was a bit dubios about its capabilities so put it on my 1/3 moa 22-250 and did a box test which it did exactly as it should and then dialed 600yds and bashed the gong first shot and kept on doing it.
    I would go as far to say as a first dialling scope for the money good value.
    I am going to run it on a spare centre fire for the boys as im not letting them wreck my good gear
    It is a 30mm tube with i think 75moa adjustment and fast focus eye peice also not to heavy to boot
    I will try and find a link and not sure on retail price yet so i rate this scope not to bad!
    http://www.weaveroptics.com/optics/riflescopes/kaspa/
    mine is the 3-12x44 illum with the tbx reticle
    Last edited by andyanimal31; 06-02-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

ive got a pst vortex 6-24 x50 im loving it just put vortex in the search bar it should find a few threads
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Just bought a vortex scope today,4.5 to16 adjustable turrets aluminated reticle ,compared it to leupold scopes preferred vortex .they are worth a look at cost $1500 ,I personally felt its as good as a leupold in the same price range if not better,will find out when I use it
    geezejonesy likes this.

You should be able to pick up a second hand MK4 for that sort of money. That would be my pick if accurate dialing is your main criteria.
    BRADS likes this.

Re: Scope capable of dialing

Meh loopies are over rated. Bushnells have better glass and are just as reliable weavers in the same boat both with decent zoom ratio and for less money. The main reason you buy leupold is because of the unconditional warrantee. My point is if your going to fork out for a mk 4 you may as well save a bit longer and get a nightforce thats what the mk 4 wants to be when it grows up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Savage1 and JP100 like this.

I would try a bushnell if i ever go dialup.. 6500 2.5-16x42

"Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Contact us , we could get you into a sightron or talk about finance on a NF
    mikee and BRADS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    I bought a Kaspa by Weaver with side parrallex and exposed dialing turrets which are lockable after adjustment buy pushing down.I was a bit dubios about its capabilities so put it on my 1/3 moa 22-250 and did a box test which it did exactly as it should and then dialed 600yds and bashed the gong first shot and kept on doing it.
    I would go as far to say as a first dialling scope for the money good value.
    I am going to run it on a spare centre fire for the boys as im not letting them wreck my good gear
    It is a 30mm tube with i think 75moa adjustment and fast focus eye peice also not to heavy to boot
    I will try and find a link and not sure on retail price yet so i rate this scope not to bad!
    http://www.weaveroptics.com/optics/riflescopes/kaspa/
    mine is the 3-12x44 illum with the tbx reticle
    I have talked to the Guy i got mine of and he can get you into one for about $600
    I run Three other high mag dial ups diavari 6x24 nf 5x22 and a 8x25 vx3 and i reckon the kaspa is bloody good money if you aint got lots of coin to throw
    at the big boys.
    Pm me for details if keen
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Any thoughts on the new Zeiss HD5?

Re: Scope capable of dialing

Ill probly get strung up for this but i wouldnt touch a zeiss for dialing. Any zeiss. If your gunna throw that sorta coin at it then s and b

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    BRADS likes this.