Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cool. Id be keen to hear your thoughts when youve given a good workout.tehy do a hunting model with covered turrets and a simple reticle which would suit me.They have there own flip covers which is nice, they work ok?

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    If that was mine Greg it was the DE Plex in hunting scope,plenty of finer choices that are more target focused. Have at times wished the posts where a little heavier but I find the cross hairs bloody good for a non iluminated reticel .This was about 600 yds on 18x IIRC.

It was Adams, IMHO on max power the cross hairs looked like they had been drawn by a kid with a vivid marker compared to the IOR, VX3, MK4, NSX
    I guess that was caused by FFP, any how it wasn't my cup of tea & the 5 year warranty didn't bring me on much either.....

DAF
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    The only trouble with the NF is they are a big heavy scope for a 7mm mag the March is alot lighter and smaller in size. Personally I think the March has better glass than than NF but the NF will be better in low light.
    I'm interested in your thoughts on why the March will be better in low light (I have both and personally think the March is superior
    comparing 5.5x22x56 NF and 5 x 50 x56 March)

Cutting Edge Bullets Terminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAF View Post
    I'm interested in your thoughts on why the March will be better in low light (I have both and personally think the March is superior
    comparing 5.5x22x56 NF and 5 x 50 x56 March)

Like I said in another post above I was talking about the 2.5x25x42 March and the 5.5x22x56 NF. in low light
    I have not looked through a 5x50x56 March but going by your positive thoughts about it maybe I should be looking more seriously at it
    1000yds is fun, 1500yds is getting interesting, 2000yds is exciting, 2500yds will blow your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    It was Adams, IMHO on max power the cross hairs looked like they had been drawn by a kid with a vivid marker compared to the IOR, VX3, MK4, NSX
    I guess that was caused by FFP, any how it wasn't my cup of tea & the 5 year warranty didn't bring me on much either.....
    yeah youl always get a bit that comapring FFP to SFP, could never get my head around the FFP thing unless your shooting tac type comps.The zoom range on the march will make the reticle size more of an issue.I seem remember Koskins review saying there was a little reticle bleed on full x. with the 3x24. The 5 year warranty thing is Japaneese law for a company of Deon s size, they will be looking after there product and keeping their reputation for quality and sevice for a long time to come.

The 5 year warranty thing is Japaneese law for a company of Deon s size, they will be looking after there product and keeping their reputation for quality and sevice for a long time to come.
    I realise that is the case, but I'm not spending that much more $$$$ than a MK4 or NF, or slightly less than my IORs for bugger all warranty no matter what they say, in six years time IF you have an issue you COULD be on your own.............Bugger......

I realise that is the case, but I'm not spending that much more $$$$ than a MK4 or NF, or slightly less than my IORs for bugger all warranty no matter what they say, in six years time IF you have an issue you COULD be on your own.............Bugger......
    :secret laugh: IF? COULD? IOR may fall to the euopean debt crises as could any company who knows lol but you need to have a litle faith , ActuallyHave you ever kept anything for 6 years.
    Funney though what weve come to expect from rifle scopes, We buy a new Ute for $45-50 thousand with a three year warrenty where a failure could cost a shit load more than a new scope but scopes must have a lifetime warranty.

Cheap ute...not a Shagger

AB Precision
    :secret laugh: IF? COULD? IOR may fall to the euopean debt crises as could any company who knows lol but you need to have a litle faith , ActuallyHave you ever kept anything for 6 years.
    Funney though what weve come to expect from rifle scopes, We buy a new Ute for $45-50 thousand with a three year warrenty where a failure could cost a shit load more than a new scope but scopes must have a lifetime warranty.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    All very good points. I have had thousands of dollars worth of cell phones, computers, plasma tv's etc shit themselves, and basically its a case of accepting the fact and moving on. Never had an issue with a scope yet (touch wood) and they endure much rougher treatment than any of the other stuff that has crapped out...
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Cheap ute...not a Shagger
    Actually I think mitsi rule the warranty roost with there 10 year full drivetrain cover.Iv seen enough broken hiluxes to never pay the premium they ask for them. The one fault Iv had after owning 6 mitsi utes(syncro went on first gear) was coverd by Houstons 18 mths out of the warenty period.Toyato walked away from my cousens hilux 3 weeks past the date after his gearbox blew. Hypelux? no thanks
    We managed to hijack strikers thread al the way to utes in 3 pages NOT BAD
    Last edited by sneeze; 07-12-2011 at 10:46 PM.

The Original Striker
    It doesnt matter to me I hijack my own threads at times

On the subject of mitzys, I know of a couple that were brought for the 10year warrenty and after putting a flat deck on they wont touch them and the warrenty has been voided. Sensors and shit started playing up etc and now they are regreting their choice by the sounds of it

The Original Striker
    Ive pretty much decided to go with a sightron s3 6-24x50. now I just have to is it worth getting it from the US
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

i got a little lost reading through this thread, if i read it correct you are saying that sightron only has a 5 year warranty? on the website it says they have a lifetime warranty or am i reading it wrong

"Even really great products require warranty and service to match. We wouldn't expect you to trust our products if we didn't believe in them ourselves. We're certain our scopes, binoculars and electronic sighting devices will line up to your high expectations and never let you down. We are so confident in the quality of our products that Sightron offers a “ Lifetime Warranty” .

Should your Sightron product ever fail, simply return it to Sightron at the address listed below with a brief note of the problem and your daytime contact information and we will repair or replace it at our option.

Sightron Inc,
    100 Jeffrey Way Suite A
    Youngsville, NC. 27596 "

i only ask as i've been looking at getting one of these scopes as well, i'm one of those people that hold on to rifles and scopes and the like for ever.

The Original Striker
    sightron have a lifetime warrenty.
    Deon the makers of March scopes only give out a 5 year warrenty due to restrictions under japanese law regarding company sizing
    Last edited by striker; 10-12-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: added more info
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker