Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Scope recomendations

Something fixed power, low magnification, say upto 6, that would suit a semi auto .223. I was settled on a red dot, but I would prefer some mag, as i cant see shit at range now days. I was keen on a bushnell ACOG copy, but same issue, no mag. Preferably compactish.

These were my choices initially, but as above.
    https://theopticzone.com/products-pa...1x32-mp-matte/
    or
    https://theopticzone.com/products-pa...25-3moa-matte/

Anyone got a recommendation?

Oh and has anyone had any experience with the bushnell red dot scope in the link above? If i go that way, purely due to the ruggedness of it, I wouldn't mind hearing of others experiences.

What kind of semi-auto .223?

For what use?

Mostly for plinking, bunnies, and varminting. Oh sorry it's a Saiga .223, has a decent rail mount coming from the states, not a flimsy gas tube, or receiver mount.

Squashed like a Flea
    G'Day Fella's,

Brennos, please find below, the image of a Ruger M77 MkII in .350 Rem Mag with an Aimpoint, Comp C3 red dot scope fitted.
    Name:  scan0002.jpg
Views: 2299
Size:  52.5 KB
    Its a good set up for snap shooting at fast departing critters like Sambar Deer.
    It's also good for deliberate shooting, out to about 150meters on smaller animals the size of Pigs and Goats or larger.

Hope that helps

Doh!
    Homer

For an AK derivative I'd be getting an aimpoint micro. Anything designed for an AR like ACOG ripoffs would mount too high.

While I appreciate the aimpoint is probably the best thing I could get, the pirce is not for me right now.

What about the Bushnell red dot would that mount lower??

I was settled ona 1-4x24 bushnell trophy scope, but im not so sure now.

Guys on Canadian Gun Nuts have reported Bushnell TRS-25's drowning while running them in carbine classes in the rain. They are good value, but I would not run it on something that you would be taking into the bush often. For shooting bunnies it's probably fine, I'm gonna chuck one on my SKS for that reason. These are a bit more expensive, but better Vortex SPARC Red Dot Scope FREE S&H Vortex SPRC Sights for AR-15, Pistols & Shotguns. I'd go with this as a 1-4 optic Leatherwood CMR Series Hi-Lux 1-4x24 Riflescope FREE S&H CMR14X24, CMR14X24-R. Leatherwood CMR Riflescopes, Leatherwood Riflescopes. has had a lot of good reviews. I'll be throwing one on my NEA AR when the cops approve the damn things.

Oh yea you can mount both the SPARC and TRS-25 low