Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Scope warranty servicing

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Yeah it pisses ya off alright, eg after having a good run with my scopes I've had two that had to go back recently

One was a Leupold, sent through NZ Asia ( not a very old scope ) went to Aussie came back good as new but took 3 months & the cheeky cunts charged me $55

The other is a Swarvo ( this scope was also basically brand new ) I ended up selling it to a forum member & then we discovered that it had a very rare parallax problem, so off it went to the NZ agent then off to Europe to be fixed, 3 weeks they say. Well fuk me it's been over 3 months. Has put me off Swarovski a bit as it should of never got through their quality control and been sold, plus they should of just replaced it asap. Poor old Tom is still waiting for the scope to come back & the roars about to start, Just fucks me off to be honest
    So pengy sent his loopy back to the states and $10 days later it's fixed at no charge. You send your to Oz through nz asia and it takes 3 months and they charge you a $55 service fee \ freight \ whatever. Thats my experience as well. Buy local for the after sales service they say. Yeah right.
    keneff and bigbear like this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    End of the day i hear what people are saying but when it comes to sending things back , esp overseas for repair/replacement etc but i doubt you going to expect it to get back to you in 3-4 weeks no matter what they say.
    Its possible, but you hear it quite often that it took weeks and weeks, its just life with this sort of stuff. Agents sometimes delay sending stuff back until they get a couple etc. Customs hold things up etc and some companys are just plain slack or too busy to do things super quick at times .
    Clearly its interesting with scopes with who has the best warranty and service. For years so many swear by leupold as the best, but the end of the day i doubt that is longer the case. All the top brands have slow service and problems , including leupold . All top brands have great and quick service as well, its the luck of the draw.
    Leupold is lacking behind with their warranty as i see it. They fix any faulty product no problem and tend to do well it that department but thats it. Burris will not only fix faulty products but take care of it if you damaged it, same as bushnell . You bust it, its covered.Vortex is the same, no matter what happened to the scope, they fix or replace it.
    Leupold USA still have the best service, currently being ruined by NZ asia. Someone on here (I think Pengy) sent a Burris back and the rock solid warranty turned out to be not quite so rock solid.

Love to now how it only cost $10 to the USA, it cost me $30 USA to post a scope from USA to here, and I was quoted$350 for a set of primos trigger sticks by usp.
    .300 RUM Guy likes this.

If you buy stuff here, from a local seller (making a 'local' markup), you can expect to have shit sorted within a reasonable timeframe. "It takes a while to get to Timbuktu", "We only send them when we have 27 piled up", "The agent's agent's agent takes a while", etc matters not one molecule. It doesn't matter. They fix it pronto, replace it, or give you your money back. Allowing this to happen is one thing, what they have to do is another.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Love to now how it only cost $10 to the USA, it cost me $30 USA to post a scope from USA to here, and I was quoted$350 for a set of primos trigger sticks by usp.
    Well I shipped an Eotech back to the USA recently, tracked and 6 days to delvery $36.50, same day I sent a scope to Tauranga overnight cost $39.50 go figure
    Moutere likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

I bought a pair of Vanguard binos a year ago. Cost $800.00. Very pleased with them (laugh away euro-boys - see this: Binoculars rankings - 10x42 - AllBinos.com )

I bought them from Jacobs up in Auckland. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago they leaked (laugh away euro-boys ).

I sent them back to Jacobs last Monday, and they advised me today that they had spoken to the agents and that there is a new set in the mail. That's great service.

They said that they are being sent back to the factory. The first pair that have ever leaked they reckon (laugh away euro- boys).
    nor-west and gadgetman like this.

Hell you would think these companies would be a bit smarter with there after sales service. Word and mouth can be damaging for there future sales and these long repair, replacement, or refund turnarounds are going to hurt them. I would have thought Sightron would have been a bit quicker, a replacement scope or refund should be in order now.

Ejected
    When NZ Asia were trying to charge me $110 for "shipping" to oz I pinched the dimensions of two scopes in boxes into the NZ post calculator. It said postage to oz was $10 and to the states was $20 with 1k insurance (they were not expensive scopes).

Shipping on the states is expensive, NZ is a bit cheaper, China is cheaper again.

I bought a 6.5-20x50 vari x 111 ao off the forum,nothing wrong with it,but some sand under the ao.
    I posted it off to Beaverton saying,like me it was getting creaky.Just over two weeks I got an email,could I send $23us to cover return post.
    report enclosed,strip,clean,new erector springs and seals
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Fulla
    Your sightron issue could be the NZ agent
    Here's my experience. The first one was fine, I forget what was wrong a scratch inside by the reticle or something like that. It was when I received it brand new. After a bit, they say money back or a new scope. Cool took the money back, as it turned out I sent my rifle back from elsewhere so didn't need it.
    The next scope was second hand, but life warranty anyway.
    The first owner said do the screws up tight or the dials slip, they were bloody tight and still slipping. Tightened by him.
    So I sent it back to the dealer, but before that talked on the phone they said try doing the screws real tight first see if that helps.
    So it gets sent back, with a letter explaining what was wrong, and a suggestion they replace the dials/caps as the surface between the screw and caps were now not gripping, the dials just spin while the screws are tight.
    Mean while I talk to sightron and they were helpful but the NZ dealer had to return the scope not me. I say well he's got it so he can do that then.
    A few weeks went by and I finally got it back. I turn the dials and what do you know they slip.
    So I phone them and say, what the hell... Well our gun smith cleaned them and put them back together saying there OK. Well there not, there still slipping.
    So he didn't do anything.
    So I send it back again. They order new dials and it's as good as gold, this took a few months mind you.
    But they say I stripped them as I done them too tight, I say you guys kept saying do them tighter. And while I had them real firm I didn't go extreme I know the limits. And if you have ever adjusted resettable turrets you will know it's pretty hard to go too tight as your fighting the turret which will turn.
    So I'm left paying for the caps and twice as much frieght as I needed too.
    Paying for turrets didn't worry me too much. I suggested it, but did think they would pay.
    It was the half ass attempt at fixing it and the double freight because of it. A trained monkey could figure out what was up. and then blaming me for doing them too tight, when there whole solution was do them up tighter.
    It did work out in the end though.
    Feral likes this.

This all sounds too hard. I think I will stick with iron sights

Found Sig Sauer excellent, tweeked ballistics turret up just that wee bit too much, busted. Took back to reloaders. They sent away to agent and they replaced with a new scope, I was honest that my fault but thought best take in before I attempted a home repair.

Shame to hear that about sightron, have one of their middle of the road scopes and was thinking of getting a Siii or STAC

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Leupold USA still have the best service, currently being ruined by NZ asia. Someone on here (I think Pengy) sent a Burris back and the rock solid warranty turned out to be not quite so rock solid.
    After some flucking around between H & F and Berreta, in USA and NZ, I was given a new replacement scope. It could of been the result of squeaky door syndrome as I was pretty persistant.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

A little bit like the guy who took Toyota NZ to disputes over the cost of the replacement key at $500 odd. He was able to prove the price was excessive and got refunded $300 ish. Some law about manufacturers have to have replacement parts at a reasonable price.

Toyota NZ to pay up after businessman goes to tribunal over $525 key - Business - NZ Herald News

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    Your sightron issue could be the NZ agent
    Here's my experience. The first one was fine, I forget what was wrong a scratch inside by the reticle or something like that. It was when I received it brand new. After a bit, they say money back or a new scope. Cool took the money back, as it turned out I sent my rifle back from elsewhere so didn't need it.
    The next scope was second hand, but life warranty anyway.
    The first owner said do the screws up tight or the dials slip, they were bloody tight and still slipping. Tightened by him.
    So I sent it back to the dealer, but before that talked on the phone they said try doing the screws real tight first see if that helps.
    So it gets sent back, with a letter explaining what was wrong, and a suggestion they replace the dials/caps as the surface between the screw and caps were now not gripping, the dials just spin while the screws are tight.
    Mean while I talk to sightron and they were helpful but the NZ dealer had to return the scope not me. I say well he's got it so he can do that then.
    A few weeks went by and I finally got it back. I turn the dials and what do you know they slip.
    So I phone them and say, what the hell... Well our gun smith cleaned them and put them back together saying there OK. Well there not, there still slipping.
    So he didn't do anything.
    So I send it back again. They order new dials and it's as good as gold, this took a few months mind you.
    But they say I stripped them as I done them too tight, I say you guys kept saying do them tighter. And while I had them real firm I didn't go extreme I know the limits. And if you have ever adjusted resettable turrets you will know it's pretty hard to go too tight as your fighting the turret which will turn.
    So I'm left paying for the caps and twice as much frieght as I needed too.
    Paying for turrets didn't worry me too much. I suggested it, but did think they would pay.
    It was the half ass attempt at fixing it and the double freight because of it. A trained monkey could figure out what was up. and then blaming me for doing them too tight, when there whole solution was do them up tighter.
    It did work out in the end though.
    The odd thing with all of this is that the NZ Consumer Guarantees Act states that the retailer must pay for shipping both ways for faulty goods.
    Feral likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!