Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: seized suppressor

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    ?
    More energy for the nut behind the butt to unscrew it.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

wrapped in inner tube with hose clamp on and easy turned off with big pliers

Quote Originally Posted by crewe2 View Post
    wrapped in inner tube with hose clamp on and easy turned off with big pliers
    If the problem is still there a year later it's a real tight one.
    BRADS and tanqueray like this.

hammer a large screwdriver through it, then use the screwdriver for leverage.

Failing that, found some left handed ammo and a couple shots will un thread it.
    gadgetman, 6x47, takbok and 2 others like this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    hammer a large screwdriver through it, then use the screwdriver for leverage.

Failing that, found some left handed ammo and a couple shots will un thread it.
    Don't be silly. He's from Gore, not Ponsonby.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Don't be silly. He's from Gore, not Ponsonby.
    well the six fingers on his left hand and the extra webbing between them should provide enough grip and leverage to get it undone then
    gadgetman, viper and 40mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    well the six fingers on his left hand and the extra webbing between them should provide enough grip and leverage to get it undone then
    The webbing is only for coasters.
    tetawa, Beaker and dannyb like this.

The webbing is only for coasters.
    What, you rest your beer on them?
    timattalon and dannyb like this.
    More meplat, more better.

Quote Originally Posted by tanqueray View Post
    What, you rest your beer on them?
    Good grief no. The pubs never used to shut over there anyway. The webbing would grow between their digits on account of the weather, ... but you must never mention the weather, they're a bit sensitive about it. Oh, and if you hear the banjos it's too late to turn back.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    @Boaraxa
    I run this one on a Sako FinnLight in 6.5,as I said I think it's very good
    Modular silencers
    The CMM4
    I've been caught before and seized the first to modules so am carful now to take it off and loosen the modules after a range session while thy are still warm.
    Going to try a DPT on my 30 06 just not sure which one.
    I've used the A-tec modular on my 85SS at highly recommend it. The only minor design problem for NZ is the recesssed end which can collect rainwater if you carry the gun muzzle up over your shoulder. I took 2 modules out and its still good sound reduction (7mmm08).

I've gone to a DPT for my 6.5 Grendel and it seems great too. Took off all the removable baffles to minimise weight and length. DPT do sell a special wrench to take apart stubborn suppressors. But if you use a lithium based grease, dismantle and spray with CRC5.56 after each day as they recommend there will be no problem. The white/blue deposits mentioned shed flakes are hard as sand and will jam your threads so perhaps that's why they recommend the CRC to keep them in place. Give the DPT guys a ring and they will help you out.

I would go with the "fire a few shots", spray on penetrating oil and clean off with white spirits then grip it really hard with your bare hands while its still warm. Single men and mechanics have more success with this.
    gadgetman and 40mm like this.

Good grief no. The pubs never used to shut over there anyway. The webbing would grow between their digits on account of the weather, ... but you must never mention the weather, they're a bit sensitive about it. Oh, and if you hear the banjos it's too late to turn back.
    shot two taking home 1 1/2-
    tis me
    westcoast bloody irish both sides of the grey river -capiche racing redlegs?when ya gonna come have a squizz at the new hacienda??
    gadgetman likes this.

@kotuku half the pubs in the grey valley and Greymouth are shut permanently. the rest not doing that flash.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    @kotuku half the pubs in the grey valley and Greymouth are shut permanently. the rest not doing that flash.
    oh yeah of little faith -im not so get you skinny ass down here and we'll lockjaw and sink a few in honour of godzone!
    csmiffy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    oh yeah of little faith -im not so get you skinny ass down here and we'll lockjaw and sink a few in honour of godzone!
    good shit. I do appreciate the skinny remark. I am way better weight wise since my head injury (why is that?) and I would very much like to meet up for an ale or 3 one day.