Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sasquatch

Thread: Sig Sauer Optics

Sig Sauer Optics

Hi guys,

has anyone had any experience with sig optics?

I was looking at a Whiskey 3 for the 22-250 and a Romeo 4 red dot for the rattle gun.

Looks like they include a voucher for a free bdc dial similar to the CDS minus zero stop.

Fraser

I had a look at a 4-16x44mm Sig Optics Tango 4 for the NZ Guns & Hunting magazine about a month ago. It reviewed very well I thought given the feature set, price point and the market it is aimed at. It came with the voucher for the free Sig Ballistic Turret (SBT, bdc as you mention), dialled well, zero stop, good reticle, great illumination, awesome warranty and had a bunch of other cool features. Low light performance of the glass wasn't as good as I had hoped and it wouldn't really be good for a long range set up where you might want to dial more than about 3MIL of windage. As I said though for the feature set, market and price point I thought it reviewed very well.

No experience with their Whiskey or Romeo range though.
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

I have a Romeo4 on my AR and rate it very high but to be fair I haven't had it terribly long. I like to run things for a long time before I give it a thorough review.

However, in the short time I've had it the glass is very clear and the red dot crisp, aimpoint crisp. It also along with all of Sigs optics come backed by their unconditional transferable no receipt needed warranty. That being said as soon as I received it I biffed it around outside a few times and showered with it. Zeroed very easily at the range, took it on & off with the supplied Sig QD mount, holds zero no issue there. All in all runs like a champ. So far that is.

Regards
    Sasquatch

Cheers guys. What did the Romeo 4 cost?

Have a Whiskey 3 4-12x 40 on a 6.5 creedmore Ruger. Still waiting for my ballistic turret but very impressed with scope for price. Only thing I could say negative is its a little bulky maybe compared to say a VX 3 but nearly, half the price. I really like this rig as bats way above $$ spent as bought it for my missus but now I quite like it

Quote Originally Posted by 300_BLK View Post
    Cheers guys. What did the Romeo 4 cost?
    I got mine for 700, think Reloaders have a couple for $750-800 mark. There are 4 models to choose from including a solar one.

Also another cool feature is that they have a motion sensor in them where the red dot only powers on whenever you pick it up. So a single battery should last 5+ years.
    300_BLK likes this.

I think for my next scope id be keen to try out a whisky. How do you compare the glass @jackson21 to other similar priced scopes? On par with a Monarch 3 or VX2?

Never looked through a Monarch or VX 2, other scopes on rifles I had at range were VX-3, Sightron Big Sky, Bushnell LRHS and without doing a close comparison, it certainly was no problem going back to the Whiskey 3, being much cheaper than the other lot.
    With the ballistic turret I think they are a great buy for your average Kiwi hunter.

I was just after a lightweight knock-around rifle and cheapish scope and have been quite surprised with both.
    Rifle, scope and Sig rings all up $1500 and shoots 5 shot groups Amax and ELD's 1/2 MOA piece of piss. Shows you can get some really good functional gear for reasonable money, although add in dies and load development I guess as shot factory ammo like a heap of shit!

I wish I had checked the dial elevation before ordering the turret, kept forgetting to.

Long term report @jackson21 ?

My mate got the whiskey 3, was in a hurry to get the ballistic turret before a hunt so ordered it with his old balistics data which ended up quite far out when we went to test it. Then the caps where the turret screws on fell apart. Luckily it was set to 100m zero when it did so he still managed to hunt with it. He had it replaced under warranty easy as though
    Optics wise I was unimpressed until he told me the price, then i was more disappointed. I found it had a fish eye effect, I much preferred my Nikon prostaff. But i'm not an expert or snob on optics