Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Sightron Bimoculars

Has anyone used these? Or does anyone own a set in Christchurch that would be prpared to let me compare them to a few other scopes I already have

? I have a few mates who are looking for some Bino's in the price bracket ($150-$250) and from what I have seen and heard about the Sightron scopes I understand they are pretty reasonable. I see Reloaders has the binoculars in S1, SII and SII Big sky and all in around our budget. I know dead eye Dick also has Sightron, but he does not seem to list Sightron Bino's on his site.

Mostly keen to hear how they compare to other scopes in and around the same budget. My current understanding is at the moment is the Big sky range would be the better of the selection.

I am also keen to hear positive (and negative) feedback from those who have used these and other Bino's in this same price bracket. Alternatives in a similar price are also an option.

Before anyone suggests I look at spending more, all three of us have financial priorities that mean we cannot spend money on Swaro, leica, Zeiss etc the same way we dont drive new cars etc. As much as I would love a pair of these, I would refuse a pair at a price I can afford as they would probably be either fake or stolen.

Thank you

@Nibblet . I used a pair and thought they were pretty good, even when viewed beside a set of Swaro..

They get solid reviews mate. I used a pair of Steiners and a pair of Leopold's that retail for $800 a few weeks back in Otago. Was really disappointed with both of them considering the price.

I had an SIII scope and was very impressed.... the American forums rave about the Sightron binos for the price.

Ejected
    I have them.

Buy them.

Ejected
    Only downside is the gay lens caps

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Only downside is the gay lens caps
    I can live with that as I invariably lose them anyway....

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    I can live with that as I invariably lose them anyway....
    They are tethered if you want. Be nice if they were like swaro one's, but as far as the binos themselves they're great.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk