Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sleek protective cover/case for scope

R93

Sleek protective cover/case for scope

I am after any ideas for a cover/case that will offer extra protection for my scopes. I generally move about with my main scope in my day bag or pack and have an aimpoint mounted on the rifle in case I need to shoot in a hurry.
    A mate of mine travels about the hills, the same way. He had a wee slip up recently on a thar hunt and although his NF was in his pack, it got dinged up a bit.
    I have done a bit of reasearch and thought that seeing there are a few systems that have detatchable scopes, someone would have come up with something.
    A bit of neoprene lined canvas that has a couple of velcro tags to role the scope in and fasten on itself would be ideal, now that I think of it.
    Anyone know where I could get one made?
    The mount conforms to the scope rather well and should be easy to cover without making any allowances.

Name:  scope 2.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  30.5 KB

Cheers

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    A bit of neoprene lined canvas that has a couple of velcro tags to role the scope in and fasten on itself would be ideal, now that I think of it. Anyone know where I could get one made?
    A wet suit repair place would be able to do this for you.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

R93
    True. I have an old 7mm wet suit that could be canniblised to do it as well. Cheers Rushy.

A saddlery might be able knock one up for you? Or you could look for a camera lense case. LowePro is a company that make them.
    If you don't get Dirt, Blood or Grease under your nails it ain't a hobby

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post

It would Munsey. It would guarantee a free entry to the hero parade as well. I will give Ballbags a yell, cheers.
    kimjon likes this.

R93
    Cheers Normie, I am getting some great ideas from you lot. I will keep soaking them up till I find what I need.

Im going to have a chat with an old friend of mine who made wet suits and see if he is interested in working again as he is currently a trust fund baby -I need a cover myself as I am knocking the PM11 around abit

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Cool!
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

So you carry the scope detached right?, if so a piece of PVC pipe lined with foam etc should do the trick

Saddlers should be able to sew one up out of neoprene for you R93.

If you want something more rigid I quite like hillclima's idea. Or you could do the same thing with those carboard postage tubes with removable ends.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by hillclima View Post
    So you carry the scope detached right?, if so a piece of PVC pipe lined with foam etc should do the trick
    It would and I have thought of it but it would take up quite a bit of room hillclima. I have a pouch on my daybag/pack that runs up the whole side of the pack. The scope fits in there now, with a rag around it nice and snug, I just want a bit more protection as I tend to ass up more than normal.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    Im going to have a chat with an old friend of mine who made wet suits and see if he is interested in working again as he is currently a trust fund baby -I need a cover myself as I am knocking the PM11 around abit
    Let us know how you get on.

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    dude buy one of the new Flack jacket covers from gun works. thick neoprene conformed to scope but big enough to cover the entirety of the scope when off the rifle. best scope cover i have seen
    Addicted to gun powder

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by rogers.270 View Post
    dude buy one of the new Flack jacket covers from gun works. thick neoprene conformed to scope but big enough to cover the entirety of the scope when off the rifle. best scope cover i have seen
    Cheers, I haven't got hold of Tiffo yet but I will look at one. Any idea on price?