Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By viper
  • 6 Post By andyanimal31
  • 2 Post By GWH

Thread: Tikka t3 and dpt suppressor

Tikka t3 and dpt suppressor

Got 2 tikkas with dpts going this weekend for mates. One had an 18 inch barrel and the other 19. The 18 inche rifle shot touching groups with hornady whitetail ammo and the other around 1/2 inch with Norma 140 bts.

Yawn....just another Tikka doing what Tikka's do bro....Tikka's maybe a little boring " Tack Driving Accuracy Never Is "
    Nick-D and DLW like this.

Or save yourself $500 and buy a HOWA for the same accuracy........ knowing that never gets boring either

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    Or save yourself $500 and buy a HOWA for the same accuracy........ knowing that never gets boring either
    tui add that baby!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Matt2308, BRADS, Happy and 3 others like this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
    Got 2 tikkas with dpts going this weekend for mates. One had an 18 inch barrel and the other 19. The 18 inche rifle shot touching groups with hornady whitetail ammo and the other around 1/2 inch with Norma 140 bts.
    Sweet, they're not bad are they! I picked one up in 7mm08 with a 17" tube a month or two back, planning on reaming it to 284win. I threw a scope on last week and just loaded up a few rounds with 140BT's to see how it shoots, 1 gr under book max with 2209 and seated the pills to where they looked right, and went to the range, 3 thru one ragged hole at 100! Guessed the velocity, entered it into shooter then went back to 300 and 400, and dead centre hits on both! Too easy. Sending it off to get re-chambered in the morning. Have a dpt magnum can sitting here waiting for it. Cant wait to get it back.
    buzzman and Gibo like this.

the t3 is a great rifle and price pitty they are no longer in production

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Sweet, they're not bad are they! I picked one up in 7mm08 with a 17" tube a month or two back, planning on reaming it to 284win. I threw a scope on last week and just loaded up a few rounds with 140BT's to see how it shoots, 1 gr under book max with 2209 and seated the pills to where they looked right, and went to the range, 3 thru one ragged hole at 100! Guessed the velocity, entered it into shooter then went back to 300 and 400, and dead centre hits on both! Too easy. Sending it off to get re-chambered in the morning. Have a dpt magnum can sitting here waiting for it. Cant wait to get it back.
    Who you getting to do it man? Have all the bits here to do mine just haven't got round to it.

GWH
    Canterbury Gunworks bro, they're happy to rechamber tikkas, and have 2 different spec's 284 reamers. I'm going with the .316 neck

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk