Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

tract toric rifle scopes? anyone tried one

I have a vx3 4.5-14-40 AO with BnC reticle, and CDS moa windage/elevation turrets, it's been a great scope and it's nice and light but I have a hankering for something similar but with better low-light ability

I thought about a vx3i or vx6 and I was looking at reviews of the new vortex 3-15x42 HD LH scope, when I stumbled upon the 3-15x42 tract, seems very cheap for what it is I wonder how they hold up, has anyone heard much about them or tried one?

They seem to rate crazy-well for the money in
    this line-up, and they seem to have a good warranty but googling did not reveal much about them

Also have heard nothing about the Burris veracity seems to get great reviews, and reviewers state that it is a big leap from previous burris offerings yet seems to be cheap as chips

Are the outdoor life reviewers up to scratch??
    Last edited by yerimaginaryM8; 20-11-2016 at 08:16 PM.

R93
    Never heard of the tract until now. Looks ok?

I do run the HD 3-15 light hunting on my .223 Blaser barrel. I have not had it that long, but I like it. It is light, has a usable reticle and is repeatable as far as I have shot with it. (550 yrds) The caps are pretty good for plastic ones as well.

Shot 3-4 deer and a number of hares and rabbits using it. And all but the varmits were taken well before dark. I have heard they have poor low light performance but I have personally not experienced that.

My Stug R93 carbon stock is ready to pick up. Looking forward to an even lighter rig with that scope on.
    Last edited by R93; 21-11-2016 at 12:25 AM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

I would be very interested in your review if you get the Burris or the Tract they look ideal scopes for those with normal budgets, please keep us updated.

The review rates the Burris and the Tract above the others - Swaro, NF etc. Unless they have used a value for money factor mmmm......
    My old dad said never buy the first model of anything.
    Checked ILya Koshkin's Optics Thoughts site and nothing there on the brand. Usually the new releases are pushed thru for the Shot Show (getting back a bit now) - no mention in his review of that show.