Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 199p

Thread: Transporting a safe

Transporting a safe

Hey all,

I've just brought a safe off a guy in Auckland and I've got freight through Crown Relocation at a good rate as long as I can get it to Crown. My issue is the guy wants a ridiculous amount of money to move it from 238 to 200 Bush Road, Albany (600m). I've looked online for people to move it but most wont go over 25kg where as the safe is a smidgen over 50. Does anyone know of a company that moves that kinda stuff at a reasonable price. I'm honestly just thinking of getting a taxi driver to go and pick it up and drop it off.

Eion

Surely crown could pick it up for you? I'm sure they shift heavier items than that.
    Mind you such a short distance the joker must be a right cock not to get it there for you.

We deal with Mainfreight for heavy freight through work. Just need to tell them a tail lift is needed for pick up to save the truckies back.
    Most, if not all, have the pallet jacks on board so they are able to move the item.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Surely crown could pick it up for you? I'm sure they shift heavier items than that.
    Mind you such a short distance the joker must be a right cock not to get it there for you.

We deal with Mainfreight for heavy freight through work. Just need to tell them a tail lift is needed for pick up to save the truckies back.
    Most, if not all, have the pallet jacks on board so they are able to move the item.
    + 1 for mainfreight we used to use them when we sold winches fast delivery and good prices excellent service.

Surely someone on here lives around there, if it can wait a few weeks I'll move it for you next time I'm down there.

Where's the final destination for the safe?

What a cock
    falconhell likes this.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    A box of beers and a mate with a ute will sort it

You'd be surprised what you can get in the front seat of a Toyota Cynos, safe, tool chest roll cab etc all fit

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    + 1 for mainfreight we used to use them when we sold winches fast delivery and good prices excellent service.
    I've just sent a quote request to Mainfreight and I'll see what they come back with. So far my best reply has been $85.60. For a cheap and nasty $250 safe for project rifles that's a bit much

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1
    Surely someone on here lives around there, if it can wait a few weeks I'll move it for you next time I'm down there.

Where's the final destination for the safe?
    I don't know if I could ask that of you mate, do you have work around that area? Down to Dunedin it is heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners
    A box of beers and a mate with a ute will sort it

You'd be surprised what you can get in the front seat of a Toyota Cynos, safe, tool chest roll cab etc all fit
    Yeah, hard luck but, I'm a South Islander through and through. The closest mates I've got are on base in Linton

What might bump the price up is the size of the unit as they have a max weight per M3 you will be charged for which ever is the greater. mainfreight used to charge me about $40 for a 30kg@.2M3 winch to rural otago. plus you maybe charged a casual rate if your not a account holder. you could try fastways but they have a habit of taking a fucking long time to deliver.

Ejected
    You ever sort this out dude? If you want I can transfer to crown. I live on the Hibiscus coast so not much of a hassle for me to shoot down to the shore.