Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sarvo

Thread: Vixen optics

Vixen optics

I know there's a few floating around and had the chance to look through one at shooters supplies riccarton today, it was a 3-12 ($500 model) with a BDC reticle and I was fairly impressed ! Very bright and clear optics and they've been in the business for 150 years so I would think their optics rifle related are as good as any!

I'm wanting to hear experiences etc as I'm rather keen now, shooters supplies Riccarton are REALLY helpful and a gold star for service aye and they were open even on a Sunday!

Steve's Wholesales import them. And they don't deal in rubbish.

Vixen Rifle Scopes Open)

I had a look at some Vixen scopes at the Sika show very impressed with the Series V-111 1 to 6 x24 extremely bright with great resolution,
    Check this site out "www.sambardeer.com" they sell them in OZ and have some good write ups on Vixen products

I looked through the same scope as shooternz, looked real nice and pretty clear optics. Pity about the weight and forced illuminated option, would be keen if it was a fraction lighter and no electronics

Hey guys know its an old thread but does anyone else actually have one of these? Was in at Shooters and look pretty good next to a Vortex that was twice the price

Yep i have the v111 in 2.5 to 15, Its very clear I have lined it up next to vortex glass and it seems brighter in low light....... its a 50 mm obj not sure what the vortex was 6 to 24 x ?
    It dials ok but I have not done much work with it yet to comment more fully, I want to do a box test on it at some stage.

The eye relief is good and even wound up high is far enough away on my Model 7 ( I read another thread where someone was commenting about lack of eye relief with the short LOP on the remmy 7.
    Its got the illuminated reticle ... I leave it turned off, I can find the reticle ok without it at present, but on dim light situations it may be a plus.

The size of it is a bit ridiculus on the wee 18 1/2 inch barreled Model seven. In hind sight I should have gone for the lower power as I probably wont shoot past 300M, but it'll do.

Seeing and writing in this thread prompted me to go out and do some more evaluating on this scope.
    It uses mm per 100 M in the clicks ...... something I hadnt picked up on before so 1 click = 7 mm at 100 M

I was pleased about this as when I dialed I tended to over run a bit. I did a quick box test and ended back at zero easily enough. My point of aim didnt change and I just dialed in elevation and windage to end up on another grid spot ( I use targets with 5 square bull eye blacks) They are grided off into 25 mm squares.
    So I dialed up 3 inches ( 12 clicks )and across 6 (24 clicks ) and got near to where I wanted, in reality I had just dialed in 84 mm and 168mm.

I dialed down and back across for the lower left target and was off a similar amount. I dialed it back to zero and hit back on center again. So when I got home I was checking out the dials and realised the cause for the "error" I am confident that this scope dials accurately and well I just need to remember its not 1/4 inch clicks.

7mm @ 100 M equals almost exactly 1/4" (not MOA) @ 100 yds. As near as damnit is to swearing. Or for the pedantic 1 click = 0.252 inches @100 yds. Seems a reasonable coincidence.

Quite interested in this brand now.

Thanks for that Zimmer, I thought it was good value, anyone interested in a looky look is welcome to have a peek through it.
    As a victim of my upbringing I tend to work in a mismatch of millimeteres and miles or parts there of, makes sense to me most of the time

The Vixen company dont even show rifle scopes on their web site, when I enquired about this I was told that they dont want to be seen as promoting blood sports.

Hi guys
    If you want prices on these Vixen - ask
    My Euro Supplier stocks these and he does not stock anything that is not up to par
    He also says they are great value for the $$ (or in his case Euro)
    Let me know and I will get you a price - which I can guarantee be less than anywhere else in NZ

European Optics from Europe
    stingray likes this.