Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By keneff
  • 2 Post By GWH
  • 1 Post By Rock river arms hunter
  • 5 Post By Macca

Thread: Vortex Optics are grouse

Vortex Optics are grouse

Bought my Diamonback HP 3-12x42 at the same time as my Browning x bolt in 270wsm. The shop originally suggested and supplied a Burris 3-9x40, which was okay, but I had read a lot of reviews about the Vortex and didn't really like the Burris reticle, so asked to swap it for the Vortex with the Deadhold BDC. The guys at the gunshop I shop at are great people and agreed, no problemo. They got me the Vortex scope and I was pleased to find that the glass was at least as good and it had more features as well, such as the side parallax adjustment, a much better reticle and better lowlight performance. One surprise was that the lens caps had nothing in them to protect the lenses - no glass, no plastic - just holes. I contacted Vortex Optics and reported this and was pleasantly surprised and impressed to receive an immediate reply from Mr Shamus Terry, International Sales Manager, asking for my address so that he could send me replacement lens caps at no charge. This is a great company with great products great warranty and fantastic customer support. I will be recommending this company and its products to everyone I know, and will definitely be buying more of their stuff: next will be a Ranger 1500 rangefinder. Vortex Optics rocks.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

GWH
    I own multiple vortex optics. Im very happy with them and think they are great value for money.

I havnt had to test customer support or warranty as yet tho, but believe it to be excellent.
    tetawa and keneff like this.

Ranger 1500 for sale on here....

My HST is better than the VX 3 I usually use so HSTs for me!
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

I have two, One a Viper 4x 16 PST the other a 4x16 HP Diamondback and find them very good, I like the glass on both though the viper is slightly better, they both seem to track well when dialling in long shots. No need to test the warranty as yet but I am sure that it is OK

I can attest to the Vortex customer service as I had the fiber optic piece on the topportunity turret fall out and they replied within an hour to send a replacement.

At the same time I can attest to Deadeye Dicks customer service as they sent me a new turret cap free of charge within a couple of days to avoid the international shipping hassle.

Props to both companies.
    R93, GWH, Nick-D and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Ranger 1500 for sale on here....
    Cheers Ryan, but I'm now on the pension so need to save before I can buy. Being retired is okay but the pay is suckful