Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nor-west
  • 1 Post By mikee

Thread: VX5 HD

VX5 HD

What's the word on these. Like the look of the 3-15 x 44 firedot but haven't heard much about them.
    Anyone out there have one? Compared to the VX6?
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Message @Tentman he has one
    Shearer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    What's the word on these. Like the look of the 3-15 x 44 firedot but haven't heard much about them.
    Anyone out there have one? Compared to the VX6?
    i have a vx6 hd if you want to have a look thru that??
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Interested to see the comparison as well
    Went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    i have a vx6 hd if you want to have a look thru that??
    Thanks @mikee. Seems a bit of a price difference and curious as to whether this relates to a performance difference. Always hard to tell with a subjective look, even side by side. Leupold web site doesn't really highlight anything optically.

Thanks @mikee. Seems a bit of a price difference and curious as to whether this relates to a performance difference. Always hard to tell with a subjective look, even side by side. Leupold web site doesn't really highlight anything optically.
    Here ya go @Shearer

https://op2.ec.tc/pdf/opplanet-leupo...vx-6hd-pdf.pdf
    veitnamcam likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Thanks again @mikee. I saw that and it suggests the same glass but not as many bells and whistles?

Thanks again @mikee. I saw that and it suggests the same glass but not as many bells and whistles?
    yep 5 x instead of 6x magnification, Better lens covers included. Illuminated reticle with anti cant.........its good for leveling the scope in the rings but otherwise I have gone back to bubble anti-cant flashing reticule is off putting. I guess would be OK in dim light but if you don't want it VX5 might be better

Price difference is the main attraction I must say.

Both are available with the firedot reticle, and both zero lock systems now include two turns, so about 38 MOA 'up' adjustment from your zero. Comparing the two side by side (albeit in a well-lit building) I wouldn't have picked a big difference in the quality of optics. Personally I think the VX5 blows other scopes at the same price point out of the water, and is worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    yep 5 x instead of 6x magnification, Better lens covers included. Illuminated reticle with anti cant.........its good for leveling the scope in the rings but otherwise I have gone back to bubble anti-cant flashing reticule is off putting. I guess would be OK in dim light but if you don't want it VX5 might be better
    You'd think they would do a 4-20 to go with the 1-5, 2-10 & 3-15 but it has been suggested Leupold will release one in the next 6 months or so (but don't quote me on that)

If only they did a mil-mil option

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

They do on the mark6 ,with the same turret as the vx5 but with a tacticnotcool price tag :-(

Are the clicks better than a vx6

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Back in an earlier thread, when Leupold first announced the VX-5HD, I reckoned the 3-15x44 was going to be a winner. By the looks it's one of the better optimum sized and value for money scope to be released yet and the boys at NZ Asia (distributor) are saying the same thing. As you can see, there's VX-6's hitting the market already to be replaced by the VX5-HD. The used VX-6 market could get attractive. Have to be very attractive to buy one over a new VX-5HD!