Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161753 ... LastLast
Like Tree3257Likes

Thread: Walnut and blued steel,

Sold these now, but they were nice. The Mauser was a mint FN 7.62 Israeli K98
    Carlsen Highway, grunzter and res like this.

'43 Garand, love this one- it's a bitser but it's so nice to use, I just don't care. Cost me $640 in '98 I think.

30-06 Supergrade out for a stroll in the Tararuas.

Banned

Last edited by Carlsen Highway; 20-12-2015 at 05:27 PM.
    Philipo, jakewire, deer243 and 6 others like this.

Some sweet shooters there! How do you find the CZ550FS Carlsen? I've been thinking about getting one... What's the calibre?
    Pointer likes this.

1917 DWM Luger, if only it could talk!

Jäger Regiment 95, 3rd Battalion, weapon 26.

1908 DWM Brazilian Mauser 98.

Last edited by FRST; 20-12-2015 at 06:42 PM.
    res and luv2safari like this.

Ok you win FRST
    Pauli likes this.

1950's Winny pre64 30-06, barrel is a bit past-it but it will still put 3 Hornady Interlocks into an inch. Flat base projies seem to suit worn bores and this pig didn't know the difference...

Name:  20151216_204716.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  971.2 KB

Sako 75

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FRST View Post
    Some sweet shooters there! How do you find the CZ550FS Carlsen? I've been thinking about getting one... What's the calibre?
    That one in 6.5x55mm.

The first thing you will notice is that for a 20' barreled carbine, they are touch heavy. And big round the action. If you put a scope on it the rifle would be 9 lbs. But if you like old Sakos you won't notice.
    This one also has a plastic floorplate. (Probably weight savings.) You can replace it with a metal one from CZUSA. I don't believe they make them with a plastic one anymore, although I could be wrong, that might only be for the American market.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Ok you win FRST
    Ha! Nah, plenty of people out there with nice guns. I only have a few, but keep turning them over, guns for me are generally a self funding hobby as long as I buy well.
    I'll keep posting a few up though, cos that's what keeps these threads interesting!
    puku likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsen Highway View Post
    That one in 6.5x55mm.

The first thing you will notice is that for a 20' barreled carbine, they are touch heavy. And big round the action. If you put a scope on it the rifle would be 9 lbs. But if you like old Sakos you won't notice.
    This one also has a plastic floorplate. (Probably weight savings.) You can replace it with a metal one from CZUSA. I don't believe they make them with a plastic one anymore, although I could be wrong, that might only be for the American market.
    Yes they do look a little chunky. I did think that I might thin it out a bit, but maybe I will start from scratch with a barrelled action. They are great for climbing when it gets steep though, so much better than holding a barrel as a walking stick!

[/QUOTE]

Nice stag that you have there with your BLR. That looks to be an old Belguim made one as well. What caliber is it?
    I found it hard to get the scope set up right on mine. Trying to get them low enough so that you could get a decent check wield.
    I solved that problem by adding a muzzle break. But with the short barrel it makes it bloody LOUD

Here's a 6mm Rem on a VZ33 Mauser action, put together by an old family friend L.Jackson. He was a lefty as you can see. He crafted the stock from Nz Walnut and it has a bit of cast off too. He also made the trigger himself, similar to a Timney unit and the trigger guard has been slimmed out.This action (like all VZ33's I come across) is beautifully made, and being factory built as a mountain troops rifle, is alot lighter than the standard large ring 98.

Philipo, jakewire, Tahr and 9 others like this.