Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree338Likes

Thread: Wank factor

res
    I put together a tacticool sks

Drag stock, huge scope, offset red dot, can, bipod, camp paint.

In my defence I was a teenager at the time, almost half my life ago
    300CALMAN and JRW87 like this.
    Using Tapatalk

I bought a .204 varmint rifle thinking the accuracy would make up for the weight and I wouldn't mind carrying it around. Didn't keep it long, sold for a sporter weight .223 which is more versatile, just as accurate and doesn't need rambo biceps to shoot off-hand.

Also had a fully suppressed (ported barrel) shorty .22 for a while, bought cheap on trademe with a budget Chinese 6-24x50 on it Yes the scope was about as big as the rifle. Never got round to putting a sensible scope on it, had some fun and then realised that fully suppressed didn't actually give any advantage over a normal one.
    Last edited by GravelBen; 07-06-2015 at 01:25 PM.

I bought a full suppressed marlin 22 about 8 years ago. I thought it was the shite. After a while realised I had dropped 1k into 22.! Promptly tried to sell it, best offer I got was $350. So threw it in the back of safe in disgust.

Now I quite like it and use it weekly
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Custom rifles. Actually, custom anything.

You can literally see them devalue if you watch them closely for a couple of minutes.

Had a trip to the states with the misses a couple years ago. After 5 hours walking through a cabelas the size of an airport I walked out with a fully kitted out bow havi

And to be fair most people struggle with the difference between need and want.

I pretty much justify all my purchases as a 'need' item when the truth is most of the shit I've bought, sold, still own is straight 'want'

I still haven't owned anything I really really hated though.........I think???
    kiwijames, Scouser and sambnz like this.

Oh, and boats!

Don't get me started on fucking boats!!!
    Bryan, Barefoot, kimjon and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    And to be fair most people struggle with the difference between need and want.

I pretty much justify all my purchases as a 'need' item when the truth is most of the shit I've bought, sold, still own is straight 'want'

I still haven't owned anything I really really hated though.........I think???
    I did.......I brought one of those March scopes 2 months worst pos ever!!! I've seen clearer gold fish ponds sold it 2 weeks latter
    I do like to decide on things myself....wife says I'm a slow learner
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Actually, most things made in Europe. These items command triple the price of items made elsewhere, but don't really do anything that special. Sure on some items the quality is nice, but there's a hefty "wank factor tax" built into the price tag.

Kj

still bitter about that remington joke thread huh

14" trimontina bowie style knife...too big to get in sticking hole of 100lb pig...cut plenty of supple jack and lawyer with it...now lives in door of work truck for branches across gateways.

night vision, i built one of those cascade tubes. Its cool and it works but it is a bit wanky...
    PTK and kimjon like this.

I now in my 66 th year have finally come to the realisation that collecting shit is only going to be a burden for some other person to dispose of when I join Jerry! I troll trade me and think shit I'd like that! I now wait five minutes before hitting the buy now and usually the answer is I DONT FCUKING NEED that. I guess cleaning out my old mans shed when he died taught me a lesson I don't want to pass on! I do like to purchase items that appreciate or hold their value and look at a lot of stuff with that in mind.
    gadgetman, Smiddy, Scouser and 2 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I now in my 66 th year have finally come to the realisation that collecting shit is only going to be a burden for some other person to dispose of when I join Jerry! I troll trade me and think shit I'd like that! I now wait five minutes before hitting the buy now and usually the answer is I DONT FCUKING NEED that. I guess cleaning out my old mans shed when he died taught me a lesson I don't want to pass on! I do like to purchase items that appreciate or hold their value and look at a lot of stuff with that in mind.
    I wait 48hrs on anything on trademe, so some other sucker has bought it and I don't have the resale issues
    I know I will draw the short straw on helping clean out my uncles sheds (x3) when he passes way, and I'm not looking forward to it. Like many people he has stored things away that were going up in value and have completely missed the tipping point where they just become junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Oh, and boats!

Don't get me started on fucking boats!!!
    Depends on two things; Cost & Amount of use it gets.