Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: We have too many guns on our streets

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    thats not the first time this MSM clown has been an utter spanker
    .bit like the polis in the house who were once heard referring to rifles as rambo guns during a debate.a former poli told me that .said he nearly fell off his seat laughing and had to excuse himself from the chamber to go for a laughter induced piss!!
    five bob says all those weapons the rozzers confiscated never saw the light of day via any legal import channel in NZ.had anything of that quantity etc etc been so,the news would have got round forums this this faster than shit through a goose!!!furthermore what reason would an importer have to legally import in such quantity given the govts juminess around firearms????????
    I'd take those odds, my pick would be that they most likely came from this guy, or someone just like him, and one of their little business ventures. - http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11245846 of note is that bugger all of what he sold (mixture of 10/22s, ARs and NHM 90s) were ever recovered. So they will have been brought in and sold legally and then disappeared into the grey market
    Tommy likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    If people remember Stanley Graham did a shit load of damage with bolt action and lever acction rifles.

If you have to Google Stanley Graham, please learn some history. It is pertinent.
    When home, I drive past the spot where his house was all the time.
    There are still his bullet holes in the Kowhitirangi hall across the road.

My wife is related to him, so I am nice to her most of the time😆
    We were married in the church beside the hall.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    gadgetman, Beaker, stumpy and 1 others like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Hey , you three erstwhile sensitive new age guys. Stop reading your own bias into my post. I simply said it would not bother me if semi auto's were banned. Nothing more

However, I DO reckon that if the semi auto's were not here, that our conservation values for our game , both land and airborne, would benefit more than somewhat; and probably shooting skills as well.
    Maca49 likes this.

Problem is I saw it in the page two of the Sunday star times. Guess what paper we cancelled today....

Here is a comparison for that twat. Swap the word cars for the times he used guns.

We all need a small car cos big ones are not needed. You can fit four in a small car and most people only carry the driver asnd occasionally plus 1. (if only Auckland could follow that logic- traffic rush could fit three times as many cars on the car park - oops I mean motorway.....

Registering your car stops it getting into criminal hands as when you lose a car to theft you have to tell the police who has it now.....Yeah that will work....

And we had a register. So clearly all the crims with illegal guns will happily rock up to a police station and register their guns. Just like all the legitimate owners.....

What an absolute plonker. He is employed to write. Pity he has not managed the ability to think at all........He is obviously pro weed as he is clearly smoked copius amounts of something to kill all his logic cells and create all that paranoia.....

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Hey , you three erstwhile sensitive new age guys. Stop reading your own bias into my post. I simply said it would not bother me if semi auto's were banned. Nothing more

However, I DO reckon that if the semi auto's were not here, that our conservation values for our game , both land and airborne, would benefit more than somewhat; and probably shooting skills as well.
    Na. Ya lost me on that logic as well😆

mawzer308 likes this.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion re the type of firearm they own and use, but your tentative link to conservation values due to the number of shots fired in a semi auto is truly a crock of sh*t.

Protecting the environment of gamebirds by preventing loss of wetlands, improving the sorry state of stream water quality and reducing predation will do more than any fire rate compared to a pump of break action.

How many large game animals are shot on the run with multiple shots from a semi in a recreational setting (ie not WARO or other pest control), sweet F all would be closer to the truth. For a bolt, pump, semi or lever, once the first shot is taken, usually the animal is either down or away to live another day. Poor marksmanship is not exclusive to any type of firearm.
    stumpy, Jexla and mawzer308 like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

You got at least the first bit right. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Unlike you lot, I did not abuse you or anyone when I put my point of view.

Read my post again, it seems that you didn't absorb what I said.
    I didn't abuse you, I just said your argument regarding conservation values was tentative and weak.

'unlike you lot"
    "erstwhile sensitive new age guys"
    How ironic that you seem overly sensitive then?

Its a public forum, if you don't like it when people disagree with your posts, then you know the answer.
    Ryan, robh500, northdude and 4 others like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

R93
    No one abused you either from what I have read.
    You are entitled to your opinion and you have given it. Enough said.

Woody, sensitive new age guy - well you got that wrong! Sensitive when it comes to my shooting sport yes, new age, hell know, I'm probably old enough to be your Grandad. But you apparently missed my point. We do not need to knock each other, there is enough dumbass media dickheads doing that. Yes you are entitled to your opinion, but maybe, just maybe, now is not the right time to publicly voice on our Forum. Why dont we all do something constructive like joining SSANZ [or some other well run pro gun organisation] and back them when they go to the media with some logical and well presented rebuttals to all this knee jerk goody goody 2 shoes bullshit.

I'd pick Woody as a small bore shooter. My reasoning is they sold out the rest of the shooters in other commonwealth countries down the gurgler in the hope of being untouched. Didn't work very well.

Haha now you dickheads are fighting amongst yourselves. We're doomed. Well done Karaman...achievement 'Troll' unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by ubique View Post
    I'd take those odds, my pick would be that they most likely came from this guy, or someone just like him, and one of their little business ventures. - Firearms cut down and sold to criminals - National - NZ Herald News of note is that bugger all of what he sold (mixture of 10/22s, ARs and NHM 90s) were ever recovered. So they will have been brought in and sold legally and then disappeared into the grey market
    Possibly or stolen. I don't think many of those look like Guck City ones. Apparently he mostly purchased 10/22s and their pump action shot guns. The ARs look like customised jobies or put together from parts. The folding stock AKM-S is definitely e-cat and stolen or brought into the country unlawfully.

Not abusing you Woody, just think it's sad you have swallowed the same crap being peddled by the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Haha now you dickheads are fighting amongst yourselves. We're doomed. Well done Karaman...achievement 'Troll' unlocked.
    Name:  840019_LA_troll_norway.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  52.8 KB