Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kokako

Thread: Weatherby Vanguard xmas pressy

Weatherby Vanguard xmas pressy

Hi all Wifeys looking at buying me a new Weatherby Vanguard for xmas I've never had one but at that new H & F xmas speical price and i don't wana spend to much over xmas that $799 price for a ss model is looking pritty good at this stage.

What im really asking as anyone got one and are they as good as H & F make out . I've got Tikka's and know they are good and would spend the xtra to get another if the Vanguards no good.

Mainly want it in a 7mm rem mag or another 270wsm for a bit of long range stuff .

Thanx

Vanguard and Howa 1500 are awesome, just a bit on the "fat" side. Well worth the $$$!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    My brother in law has a Weatherby Vanguard in 30-06 that shoots well enough and has taken a shit load of deer but personally I don't like the look of them.

H&F at Westgate in Auckland had a second hand Weatherby Vanguard in 7mm Rem Mag the last time I was in there. Didn't look as though it was going anywhere quick so you might be able to save a bit if you are not hung up on having a new one.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Hey thanks Rushy I've seen it but they want $900 for it and won't drop it even tho the brand spankers are only $799 now

You gotta be shitting me. That is ridiculous. The next time I am in there I will tell Mike that he either needs to drop the price or recycle it as scrap because he will never sell it. Get the new one and enjoy.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

AB Precision

Re: Weatherby Vanguard xmas pressy

Not a case of magnums prices normally couple hundy extra

sent from my Samsung s3 using tapatalk 2

Funny you say that tui_man I was just away at a funeral and wen't to a few H & F's on the way a few tryed to say that even to the point where they didn't belive me about there own price on the normal cals.

I had to show them there latest email before they even new about the price drop was quite funny then like you said they tryed saying the mags were more . I pointed them to there own website showing all cals at $799

Hunting & Fishing

I don't really like the feel or look of them after playing with a few but you could do some work on them at that price.

Solid rifles (basically a copy an early sako). A tad on the heavy side, but very good value for money.

kj

Quote Originally Posted by JRSWRX View Post
    Funny you say that tui_man I was just away at a funeral and wen't to a few H & F's on the way a few tryed to say that even to the point where they didn't belive me about there own price on the normal cals.

I had to show them there latest email before they even new about the price drop was quite funny then like you said they tryed saying the mags were more . I pointed them to there own website showing all cals at $799

Hunting & Fishing

I don't really like the feel or look of them after playing with a few but you could do some work on them at that price.

Did you notice that the 7mm REm Mag was not an option in that drop down box for calibre selection?

Yea Rushy I did but Ive been told only because theres none around but I dont know. They tryed to tell me 270wsm was xtra tho that's what I was more talking about as that was the only big cal on the shelf in the vanguard.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSWRX View Post
    Yea Rushy I did but Ive been told only because theres none around but I dont know. They tryed to tell me 270wsm was xtra tho that's what I was more talking about as that was the only big cal on the shelf in the vanguard.
    Bloody lying SOB's

Don't get me wrong tho I love my local H and F

Quote Originally Posted by kokako View Post
    Vanguard and Howa 1500 are awesome, just a bit on the "fat" side. Well worth the $$$!
    As kokako put it - the Vanguard and the Howa are the same animal. I have the Howa 1500 in SS heavy barrel - for the price and the way they shoot, no complaints form me!

Banned
    My fisrt rifle was a vangaurd you could drag it through the mud and it would still peform.