Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: What Would You Expect?

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Didnt Kimber have a few problems with some of their 7mm08's and 260's with poor accuracy. 243 and 308's were fine.

I have a 15" 708 in a mod 7, shoots 120 NBT's at 2900 around an inch with cfe223. Not super accuracy, but enough for 300 odd yards
    This is one of the newer ones not a Montana. He should be sweet
    GWH likes this.

Take no notice of the Kimber bashers on here and elswhere. My Montana in 708 shot 1" out of the box and now does 3/4' with 18" barrel no probs . 2209 or re19 (you need to droptube this) 140gr NABs. Also loves re17 if you can get it. I reckon thats amasing from such a lightweight rifle. Am shooting off a Bullsbag which possibly tames the jump a little. It took me a bit to figure out how it likes to be held.

LOC
    same here. my montana 308 i picked up off crewe2 shoots tight with anything i've fed it, including crappy factory winchester super x. the forbes 308 it replaced on the other hand... let's say it got its marching orders

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Blahahahaha Dorky face it, you just brought a dud from a dud aye @BRADS
    BRADS and Dorkus like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by nevereadyfreddy View Post
    Take no notice of the Kimber bashers on here and elswhere.
    most of us here are hard enought to take it doesnt matter what rifle you own someones not going to like it

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Blahahahaha Dorky face it, you just brought a dud from a dud aye @BRADS
    Philipo........go eat a dick😁

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Philipo, Blaser and Dorkus like this.

Cheers for all the input lads. It is clearly an emotive topic.

Plan from here is to replace the busted screw (broken one came out easily when I disassembled the rings) and try some slower and lighter factory pills. Hopefully that will get me somewhere near an inch. Once that is sorted I'll work up a load and see how I go.
    Danny and Boaraxa like this.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkus View Post

Plan from here is to replace the busted screw (broken one came out easily when I disassembled the rings) and try some slower and lighter factory pills. Hopefully that will get me somewhere near an inch. Once that is sorted I'll work up a load and see how I go.
    a 139gr at 2850 from a 14" barrel seems crazy fast to me. When you handload try some Sierra projectiles. 120gr prohunters shoot very very well in one of my 708's when not much else would.
    Freezer and Dorkus like this.

I will arrange for Craig to get some of my best load to you. 120 grn Nosler BT. They are backed off from "hot" so will be safe, and I will adjust them back to the recommended SAAMI OAL.
    Dorkus likes this.

Sako85
    Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    a 139gr at 2850 from a 14" barrel seems crazy fast to me. When you handload try some Sierra projectiles. 120gr prohunters shoot very very well in one of my 708's when not much else would.
    I was at the range when Dorkus was putting the loads over the chrony and wrote the speeds down for him they were 2600 - 2650, he may have trouble reading my messy illegible writing.
    GWH and Dorkus like this.

My experience of shooting very light rifles is to ditch the bipod and try a rolled up jacket or similar. Shrunk my groups noticeably.
    Philipo and Sideshow like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sako85 View Post
    I was at the range when Dorkus was putting the loads over the chrony and wrote the speeds down for him they were 2600 - 2650, he may have trouble reading my messy illegible writing.
    That makes sense... Cheers for the use of the chrony. Turns out the barrel is 14.2" not 15"
    199p and Sako85 like this.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

Sako85
    That makes sense... Cheers for the use of the chrony. Turns out the barrel is 14.2" not 15"
    All good, hopefullly you get it going sweet and without too much hassle

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sako85 View Post
    Thats sounds far more like it, i guess he's called Dorkus for a reason eh
    Pop Shot, Freezer and Sako85 like this.

northdude
    One question why sell the sako
    Sako85 likes this.