Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Whats up with T3 sellers on trademe?

Quote Originally Posted by 7x64 View Post
    If either of my boys ever come home with a T3 I'll disown them... I know it isn't the done thing these days and we need to accept alternate lifestyles, but I guess I'm just old fashioned...
    I have saved them the trouble of choosing another dud brand of rifle and bought my 3 boys a tikka each.
    this is my type of religious indoctrination!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    distant stalker likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

My theory is perhaps what you are seeing is a lot of first rifle buyers who have bought Tikkas trying to on-sell them after giving hunting a go and deciding it's not for them. If you've been around the hunting rifle market long enough you know that as soon as you've walked out the shop door with that new rifle, the value just dropped by at least a third, sometimes more depending on breed/calibre. I get the feeling that most of those 2nd hand Tikka owners trying to sell them for ridiculous money don't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08IMP View Post
    Who has them for $1250 as I struggled to find any at that price after ringing about 10 retail stores including Gun city. They list them on trade me then you go through and sorry all the old model is out of stock so $1499.

Fish city Hamilton, free delivery. Listed on trademe

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    You gotta spend so much to get em shooting straight, thats what adds the value!!
    If thats what you think you have never owned one
    6x47 likes this.

Nothing wrong with tikkas, I'm just bemused that a rifle worth $1250 brand new seams to demand $1400-$1700 secondhand?

I like the theory that was proposed earlier about new hunters exiting the sport and not realising their rifle is only worth $500
    veitnamcam and Danny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimjon View Post
    Fish city Hamilton, free delivery. Listed on trademe
    Yea I lot have them listed but when you order they are out of stock the new model is $1499 although I didn't try fish city.

Quote Originally Posted by kimjon View Post
    Nothing wrong with tikkas, I'm just bemused that a rifle worth $1250 brand new seams to demand $1400-$1700 secondhand?

I like the theory that was proposed earlier about new hunters exiting the sport and not realising their rifle is only worth $500
    If it's a 270.

The thing that gets me is a lot of Tikka owners have a perception that the Tikka t3 is the be all rifle....... when for $1500 you can pick up a Sako 75 which Is worth that few hundred extra.

The other rifle that I see time and again at cheap prices are Weatherbys in general and they shoot equally well ok yes they weigh a touch more but are fantastic and yes I may be biased( I own 2, or not enough to the wife).

The other thing I notice is that Tikkas coming up in magnum or larger calibres as I believe more than a few have gone for too big a calibre and it's booted them too hard so they try gain their $ back and buy something a touch smaller.

MSL
    Where are these $1500 '75's?
    Hunt4life likes this.

I wonder myself where all those tikkas are going? We still get 3 to 4 tikkas out of 7 rifles to work on, and half of them are new!
    It looks like eventually every hunter in NZ is going to own a tikka t3 at some stage !
    As said above, you can sometime get a magnum one that kicks a bit for a bit cheaper price.
    And I would still pick an old style sako over a modern tikka any day, even if I had to replace the barrel.

Keep an eye out.... if I see one do you want me to link it to ya?more than happy to help

Name:  toricry.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  8.6 KB

Ahhh....fucken boohoo I brought a Rem 700 or Ruger Mk 149 or some piece of shit........don't be haters bitchs............Tikka's are boring...............accuracy ain't ..................suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    His guns follow a similar trajectory to his urine
    You know this how?
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    @Dorkus heres your chance to sell yours.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    All I payed for mine.....its all a non finlight is worth imo, sold my 85 for very similar money.

For the record, An 85 is a improvement on a 75....dont idolise a 75 and 85 is better.

T3 on the other hand,good rifle for the money.,not my cup of tea and not the value they used to be.
    As for the dreamers on trade me....its the boyracer generation, they assume they can buy a nice tidy cefero for 3 grand,turbo it,illegally lower it,mercilicly rape the drivetrain and dent every panel on it showing off their drift prowess and sell it for 13grand......and dumb fucks buy em.

dont be a dumb fuck and buy a thrashed t3 for more than retail of a new one.
    puku, gadgetman, kimjon and 9 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.