Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Winchester 333/555 Good or crap?

I have shot many groups out of my two .22s and both my guns shoot the 555 bulk stuff just as average as the 50 box powerpoint (about 1" at 50m).
    It works reliably in my semi, and I don't seems to get any more duds than I usually get from other ammo.

It kill's bunnies, hares and possums and dead as any other 22 stuff I've used recently.
    It shot heaps better than the Federal bulk stuff. Have never tried Remington bulk though.

Its been the only high velocity ammo I've run through my 22s for a few years.
    savageshooter likes this.

Not particularely accurate in mine, minute of rabbit though, and accurate enough to be fun.

Be fine in a 10/22, but if its only plinking then CCI standards all the way
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

@savageshooter The very odd one maybe 1-2 per 555 round box but you just put them back in the mag so the fireing pin will hit a drifrent spot and they will go missfires are normaly attrubuted to a break in the primeing cord that shoud go all the way round the case sometimes with cheep ammo there can be a gap in the cord if the fireing pin hits the gap it wont go off so simply change the spot where it will strike and try again 90 percent of the time it will go

This even happens with pricey target ammo just not as offen i seemed to have one every 2000-3000 rounds of laupa a little of a pain if your shooing a match but you just turn it 180 and try again
    savageshooter likes this.