Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 10 Post By stagslayer 12
  • 2 Post By Dundee

Thread: 2014 ROAR

2014 ROAR

Well, I had a coupla weeks off so into my usual ruahine spot I went, the 1st week was 27th march-6th april, the stags were roaring but we couldn,t get them cranked & a few sattelite stags snuck in for a look, weather was fine & warm. the 2nd week it rained a fair bit, but was still warm & we had vocal stags but hard to get onto again. I spent a day in the kawekas & roared in a sika spiker-had long spikes could,ve grown into a good stag, he,s been turned into good steaks & mince & patties instead went back a few days later & pulled out gamecams, some good stags on there that we missed out on, Think the weather has played a major card in this years roar, first roar that I haven,t dropped a stag in 20 years hunting.Name:  IMG_2994.JPG
Views: 703
Size:  814.3 KBthats the sika spikerName:  IMG_3020.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  477.2 KB& a 400yd magpie I took with the 223Name:  IMG_3038.JPG
Views: 591
Size:  380.4 KBA fine break between showersName:  IMG_3048.JPG
Views: 641
Size:  627.7 KBa cheeky morepork
    veitnamcam, Dundee, Nick.m and 7 others like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Well done. Love the Morepork. Thanks for posting.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Been quiet in the Ureweras the last couple of years so didn't mind missing out on going this year. Still got to be good just to get in there after them

M03
    Thanks for posting, you never know how the roar will be until you're out there.

Quote Originally Posted by stagslayer 12 View Post
    Well, I had a coupla weeks off so into my usual ruahine spot I went, the 1st week was 27th march-6th april, the stags were roaring but we couldn,t get them cranked & a few sattelite stags snuck in for a look, weather was fine & warm. the 2nd week it rained a fair bit, but was still warm & we had vocal stags but hard to get onto again. I spent a day in the kawekas & roared in a sika spiker-had long spikes could,ve grown into a good stag, he,s been turned into good steaks & mince & patties instead went back a few days later & pulled out gamecams, some good stags on there that we missed out on, Think the weather has played a major card in this years roar, first roar that I haven,t dropped a stag in 20 years hunting.Attachment 23610thats the sika spikerAttachment 23611& a 400yd magpie I took with the 223Attachment 23612A fine break between showersAttachment 23613a cheeky morepork
    Get your arse down our ways mate @GWH got an 8 pointer on the way here today
    Blaser and GWH like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive