Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Aorangi pack, rifle & bullet terminal performance test

chur!

Cheers for the report. Ive been using a hunters element 25 l for day hunts for a few years now, always been good. Have prefered to go even lighter laterly with the stoneycreek bushline, been great as well but as small as you want to go for a day hunt and if you travel light if you want cart all the meat out
    FRST likes this.

I hope you realise what your pictures say - you shot a deer with NO suppressor and another animal hung round for ages even with the full noise of a shot - thats not supposed to happen you know, ask any suppressor guru. Please tell us you removed the suppressor for the photos!
    nor-west, FRST and shooternz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    I hope you realise what your pictures say - you shot a deer with NO suppressor and another animal hung round for ages even with the full noise of a shot - thats not supposed to happen you know, ask any suppressor guru. Please tell us you removed the suppressor for the photos!
    Haha! I have a suppressor on my Baikal motorcycle rifle, but that's because it's got a short-as barrel and is ugggly, Suppressors are ugggggly. They have alot of merit but looking good isn't one of them. I reckon if you can shoot accurately without one, your rifle will stay classy. As for the confused hind, I think she was reasonably young and not too smart on the ways of the bang stick.

Huk
    Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    I used SST in my .270 and found them to work very well. Really an underrated and probably just unfashionable calibre. There's a guy on the other forum slotting all sorts of animals out to and beyond 1000 yards with one.

I'd go back to one.
    Me 2 Craig c sold it for some obscure reason as you do, with a modern 150gn they are up there as a big game rifle and have legs

57JL
    i,ve gone back to one