Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

On the backfoot with a dog full of shit

For those that don't drink else where

After getting that much loved phone call from the cocky... 'bloody pigs are back again' a typical routine hunt was planned, we had pulled a goody out last time and saw sign of 60 pounder's about the place.
    That was about the only routine part about it, one of my mutts i've learnt needs to shit well before his box ride other wise he'll poo in that there box, so after ripping off 2 giant turds i thought cool job done, No- 5 mins down the road he's asking to get out again, so off to his favoured tree we sometimes stop at, great i thought, that's 3 now, ah but NO, arriving at the farm he's wanting out again so number 4 is born, right now did i mention he suffers from ADD and ADHD also, by now he's also getting under my skin and a few trailblazing runs back and forth i decided to put him on a string 'your going to be a holder today mate' i said, well fuk me he has a wee tiny little poo ' that's 5 today' i said to my mate ' this dogs just full of shit '
    About now the hunt was back to routine when the dogs all left but then quickly returned, this happened again but this time the new rope dog started to whine so rather than spit the dummy he was let loose to run a wee trail bark to catch up with the others was just about to start that-' might get rid of this boy if he doesn't pull his head in' talk and the 4 dogs arrived on mass back at heal, only to have old ADD ADHD do a u turn and head back down from where they had come from and open up with a savage bark, the rest were straight in and it was all on...down into the creek they went ending up in a sharp sided rock pool, now these dogs will all bail but after ending up in this pool only big enough for a pig and dogs they had no choice but to hold or get eatin 'get over and grab a leg' me mate yelled, but the pig turned and kept his eyes on me, that was enough for me mate to jump in and grab a leg 'jump in'... ' hurry up and stick it' he yelled, so in almost slowmo i jump into the ruccus and stick the pig, just pulling the blade back out the pig is twisting to have his last at me... first thought was to jump back but knew i couldn't so a reflex kick to the head had him facing back away and that was his last...he was dead
    Back at home after dogs and hunters were settled i rang me mate, we were having that post hunt talk it up yarn, when i said to him' that pig had me on the back foot', ' i don't like to fess it but it did' , he said ' i had to yell at you to stick it, you were just standing there in some kind of trance'. And we both ate humble pie regarding the dog
    Acid flash back... i don't think so, that pig made it clear he had singled me out, he wanted to own me, reaspect to the pig...
    135lbs
    Name:  135.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  87.9 KB
    Name:  135lb.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  94.8 KB

Nice.

Im sure he looks heavier than that when hes hanging!!

Yea i should check my cheap trademe scales, seemed heaver on the carry, the 122 in my avitar seemed bigger also
    Havn't cracked that 140-150 mark for a few years, hangin ta get one, could be missin out... not that i get too hung up on weights

nice
    It always seems dogs do their best work just when you are about to lose all faith in them