Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Roy Lehndorf

Thread: Bit of a Recon

Bit of a Recon

A mate was given access to some land with the ok to shoot any deer, pigs or goats we come across. So we headed off yesterday arvo for a recon....... The place had good tracks and plenty of places to mooch about with a mix of pines, cut over and native. Not a huge amount of deer sign but there's no doubt some are around and after about an hour we came across a job of goats , my dad wanted a couple of young nannie back legs for a winter goat curry or two so we thought better now then never........we moved in and let strip after a flurry of shots we had nine out of the 15 on the deck one was a massive billie his head wasn't super huge but he was big in body and as fat as a seal.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  212.8 KB

Views: 293
Size:  211.9 KB

We salvaged the back legs off the young nannies and soon had a real good haul for dad and few others. The next valley produced a small mob feeding on a face in some cut over, they where about 200m away so we set up for some longer shots , I was using my mates Howa .223 suppressed ... Man I was impressed this thing shoots like a laser , we drilled six on this face the last was a 300+m neck shot bille that stupidly stopped on a ridge to look back at me before he disappeared to safety. The last bomb up was a bunch of billies chasing some nannies around the bush that we stalked in on we decided on head shots only and managed to clean up most of that mob also .

All in all a bloody good way to spend a Saturday arvo, with about 23 of the grass thieves now no longer a threat to the young pines on that property..!! And the owner was wrapped to have some goat cleaned up ...

Views: 323
Size:  193.9 KB

Cheers
    Work Just Gets In The Way

Nice. That bigger billy would be a good head around here. If theres any pigs around be worth going back as they likely be mooching around the dead ones for a feed.