Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Evading the SIS Surveillance Van

Evading the SIS Surveillance Van

It had become apparent ( see the SIS Van thread in "Here and Now" ) that one of the team ( 300winmag ) code name ' Percy' had come to the attention of the SIS Surveillance Unit, probably due to his continued browsing on man/man, man/animal forums, despite his wife's protests.
    The decision was made to evacuate him to a safe house at an undisclosed remote destination.
    Percy would be disguised as a hunter, some Tikka rifles were planted at his house in Auckland, and despite him being a Breakfast Tea chappy, take-out Latte cups were planted to complete the picture.
    Plans were finalised, RV was at my HQ, and he was to be evacuated under the cover of darkness, from the bad lands of South Auckland.
    Some essential supplies had been forgotten, so a quick reverse up a motorway on-ramp ( thankfully we were mistaken for a Chinese learner driver ) and the vac-packed corned beef was secured.

Transport to the remote location had been pre-arranged, the helicopter was running, and after Last Will and Testaments, Dangerous Goods, and Licence to Kill formalities had been completed we were airborne. Briefings were completed in the air.

Heavily armed, we disembarked, and set up at the basic, but comfortable safe house. Some of the armoury......

Supplies were plentiful

Our camp was on the high ground, we hoped any enemy agents that tried to approach would be seen at a good distance, we posted sentries

Long field deployments meant we had to blend in and not be seen

Periods of rest in the field were welcome, an enemy agent was seen and killed by 'Percy' from this sentry post, but was unrecoverable so we couldn't get details of his unit.

Geographical features provided good vantage points and protection, 'Percy' and I teamed up, and he assisted with observation duties.

Height was our friend. One of the enemy agents, though heavily disguised, was observed trying to outflank us, but was quickly dispatched with a clean shot, from a safe distance of 332 yards. He was quickly dismembered, some of his allies may have observed this from their well concealed positions, and reported his fate, making further engagements even harder for us.

Some enemy agents tried to approach our positions from afar, using their disguise to blend in to the surroundings, two were seen at 670 and 490 yds.
    'Percy' was concerned at how close they got, one may have been female so he scared her off with a warning shot, which passed harmlessly by. Enemy agents noted in this position at 670 yds but we were unable to engage them without a .375 laser guided blasteriser,

Time spent off watch was spent learning codes and cipher.

Our prearranged evacuation was approaching. In order to secure more of the enemy agents, ensure the safe return of 'Percy' to his loved ones and class the operation as a success a change of tactics was planned.
    We arose at 0345, and donned our kit, and ate quickly and silently.
    Our safe house had been lashed with wind and rain all night. We thought the enemy agents would approach our position from cover. We planned to catch them in the open, attack them from above, and return to base with them whole, for further inspection.
    Unfortunately I pressed forward too soon, and the three enemy agents quickly and silently retreated into the gloom and dense cover.

With supplies dwindling, and dicey weather conditions, it was decided to confirm our evacuation via Sat-phone. the time was as planned.

The helicopter approached through the gloom, we were the first evacuations of the day, other teams would follow.

During our mid-air debrief, our mission was deemed a success, 'Percy' was to be recommended for the G.C. Medal for his efforts in the field.
    His bacon and egg breakfasts kept team spirits high.

Agent 'B'
    Last edited by shift14; 12-12-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    DAF, jakewire, 300winmag and 31 others like this.

Top read!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Great.

What a bloody entertaining read. 😂

ebf
    Excellent writing
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

liked the bit about being mistaken for an Asian driver LOL

Bloody good stuff. Thanks.

Excellent operation reported back to base.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Good read alright, saw plenty of deer. I really enjoy going to that block, Walked and glassed heaps for a couple of old buggers
    Just returned from the Thai massage parlor and feel a million bucks, backs been straightened and legs been pampered.

Haha "Enemy agents noted in this position at 670 yds but we were unable to engage them without a .375 laser guided blasteriser" that was my favorite line! Sounds like you will need one next time!

Good read!

Nice looking spot to.

Well devserved winner mate!! How did I miss this the first time around Great story and well written

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Well devserved winner mate!! How did I miss this the first time around Great story and well written
    +1 same.....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

very entertaining!

Update and ops 2015

Since ops were concluded ( see field report and photos above ) info from the field has reached HQ.

Apparently the borders have been sealed and the zone of ops and surrounding areas are now " no fly zones ".

The plan is to maintain a weather eye on developments, but the hope is the enemy agents ( disguised as wildlife)will become more relaxed without our pressure, group together, and drop their guard, and frequently be seen in the open.

Experience and Intel from our field operatives suggest those enemy agents disguised as females may be joined by others ( perhaps males) sporting crudely disguised antenna on their heads.

Agent 'Percy's', controller, code name " Missus" , and mine, code name " Wife " have been instructed by HQ to put all all other matters ( weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, birth of first grandchild,shopping trips to Melbourne etc ) aside to allow planning to commence for a period of hi intensity ops during March/ April / May 2015.

Training on sandy beaches in full sun, and some boating activities will be the norm in the coming months. Maintaining flexibility, especially of the right elbow coupled with rearward movement of the head with mouth open will have a very high priority.
    A full review of armaments has been undertaken, and tenders have closed. Agent "Percy" will rationalise his kit and has settlented on a happy comprise, rather than swapping between ' bush bombs' and long range 'lasers'.

I've gone for interchangeability, with a composite shoulder mounted system, with delivery platforms and guidance systems that can be swapped out with a simple tool and two captive screws, depending on the mission profile.

HQ may seek to add other field operatives to our team as required. One such chap has taken on a literary role lately, but if a high altitude airborne stealth assault is required, he will lead the advance echelon.

Further updates will be posted as they come to hand.

Peace, out.

B
    StrikerNZ and Beaker like this.