Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: The Great NZHS take a kid hunting comp

mods might like to add this with the other pics, I cant get it up there

Name:  DuckhuntJune2O12024[1].jpg
Views: 659
Size:  50.5 KB

Looks like you and the boy had a great day out, well done.

AB Precision
    Took the young fella for a bit of a day mission today

went locally an seen a few but nothing worth shooting an my freezer way full, an to be honest carring the boy an a deer where i seen most of them would have been a fair bit off effort so we watched them then they got the 'tarzan' call from kyro (where you pad his mouth with your hand or his an he yells......so its the loud an quite then loud an quite) it look all but the one big yell an they where going everywhere haha i should have videoed it.

Dot s few photos but had the camera set wrong so they come out crap wasnt till i found that but was too late, was good day out with him minus the 3 shitty nappies that went in the pack........not flash when you get back almost knocks you off your feet, so i kind of still got the hands dirty for the day

Heres a young animal that didnt know where we where even been 20m away peering round/under a bush

AB Precision
    Well me again

Went up to see the olds this weekend an gran etc
    Done the normal ra ra as you do

Was shit weekend weather wise as you all would know took just over 4 hours to get back an had the water lapping the bonnet of the little altezza at one point not ideal but wanted to get home as you do then just had couple more small detors an slips to navigate but was all good

Anyway, went for a pig hunt this moring with the brother an the young fella kyro in toe, had his back pack in rain mode with his bug spaceshit top on an was rugged up an toasty warm with couuple toys an snacks in there to an off we set, the brother an dogs went on way me an kyro other. 30min latter we where sloging up the hill to get to better spot where they have be coming out regulary, an the brothere said he had no dogs an gps said they where heading our way fast..............

Herd them smahing past us not far away chasing a good hog by the amount of crashing that was going on. An up on over the ridge they went with much swearing going on the radio.
    We pushed on kind of in that direction but to where Dad an bro had been putting some dead sheep etc an been getting some good pics on the game camera there to with odd night 30plus hags had been visiting them. Up over the brow an FARK theres one there shoved one up the gun asap as he knew we where there, an poop went the 243 an mr hog his the deck faster than I do when kyro lays a log

We went over to inspect the black animals, to find the hooks whernt to bad either saved the bro few vet bills. Done the deed hooked up a tow rope an we where heading away back to the wagon, got on the raido to tell trav as i had forgot to said he never herd anything an was 250m behind us to the right an got a surprize to see that was good pig he had had in camera but only ever had it there around midnight an has begun to get good idea the way that the group of pigs are with there times etc they will be out within 20min of same time each night with the bigger boars turning un when sows come on them will do the loop around ever 3 days will show up at same time................ an here i was still thining an knowing pig hunters are dumb as shit

Anyway after a 40min tow back around the waste got him to where the brother had got the truck little closer an he had called the mutts off as they couldnt pull it up it gave them the slip couple of times bee side tracked by couple of smaller 40lbsers that where dog food after the chew marks in them an the 2nd one was dead before he got there but brought it out to.

Got it home an got shitty photo an went 172lbs witch it dont look that bug but was a solid bugger

Will get better photo tomorrow on the lawn of it an kyro an the jaw

Other people must have taken the kids out???????
    Tim and R93 like this.

Good stuff Abe. 172pounds a good pig!
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Good pig.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

R93
    You know where my freezer is eh Abe? Back steaks and loins only mate.

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Good stuff Abe. 172pounds a good pig!
    Wasnt a bad size hog has been few goodies to be had this year tho, been a good year for the pigs
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Good pig.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    You know where my freezer is eh Abe? Back steaks and loins only mate.
    Haha i do but its wee way away i have been meaning to go for hunt that way tho never been far up gourge?

AB Precision
    Heres the jaw not huge hooks tho, ripped it on out for his first big boar

An heres the little 105gr a-max, came in at 43gr in the end what i found

An to add that little pill hit shoulder went through sheild (30mm) through shoulder an through other shoulder an stopped on the other side touching the sheild
    260hunter likes this.

R93
    You have wheels? Get in them and drop some down its only around a hundy kms......... jeez, must breed them soft north of the Arahura......
    Last edited by R93; 17-07-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Nice Abe.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

My kids haven't been kids for quite few years now but My sister in law came to stay with us for a weekend during the roar and bought our nephews and niece with her. The are townies but thats where they live so its a little unavoidable I guess. I managed to drag them off the little games machines for a bit of rim fire shooting out the back and then said if Mum was OK with it we could have a look for a deer. They where both pretty keen so an hour before dark we headed off up the hill behind the house, I wasn't looking to shoot anything but there had been the odd one letting out a roar in the evening so I figged that would give them something to tell the kids back at school. We got to the top in good time and i set the boys up with a couple of spots to watch and then hopped up into a tree Iv got that lets me see the rest of the valley. The little fella saw a deer in just about every dark spot on the hill and continued to run up the tree to tell me about it with great descriptions of where and which way it was traveling and what bush it had just disappeared behind. After more than a couple of false alams a hind and yearling fed into site so I set the rifle up and gave the boys a look at them through the scope explaining that we weren't shooting females. Not long after a reasonable sized stag showed up.Not needing any meat I wasn't intending to shoot anything but a quick look through the scope showed an animal that needed to be removed from the gene pool. With the boys covering there ears the sound of a solid hit echoed off the hills the, stag didn't drop but ran straight down hill into a small gully and out of site. He didn't come back into view so I thought all was well and we slipped and slid back down the hill to the house. The boys went to get My wife to bring the tractor and I headed off to check the results. The amax had done its job just below center in the shoulder but hed still tried to jump a fence in the bottom the gully.No figuring sometimes. The kids turned up with Mum on the tractor but weren't keen on getting to close to a stag in all his rutting glory.
    Name:  P4120038.JPG
Views: 574
Size:  327.2 KB
    tui_man2, veitnamcam, Tim and 3 others like this.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    They will remember that night for the rest of their lives Sneeze and I wouldn't be surprised if you are their number one uncle.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

AB Precision
    Good stuff chris, they would have loved that, an would have been all around school
    They will return wanting more haha

We just had the school holidays so must have got out there surley??
    Or this comp might have to go for few more months

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...426/#post27694

My bit for this... bit of a history post in the magazine section, Was keen to get the kids out but work has been nuts....will get them out soon though as they are hanging out for another trip
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good