Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree18Likes
  • 8 Post By Dorkus
  • 7 Post By Dorkus
  • 1 Post By Dorkus
  • 1 Post By Nick-D
  • 1 Post By falcon6555

Thread: Harley's First Hunt

Harley's First Hunt

Harley turns 1 next month. We have been following the deer dog blueprint since we got her. Today she had her first crack and I am over the moon.

I knocked off work an hour early and raced up to my local where I've heard deer numbers are low but there's the odd one around. Harley was an absolute star, doing everything she's been trained to do. Monitoring her own range, stopping when I stopped, super attentive and nose going in overdrive. We didn't have a lot of light so just a quick stalk through some quite open bush to watch the sun set from a clearing.

Harley did her bit perfectly and even tracked a stag on a ground scent before cutting his wind and taking me right in. Unfortunately he was down in a gut full of crap that I just couldn't get through with any degree of stealth, not sure but i reckon we were within 20m.

Came home empty handed but I couldn't be happier with the pooch. One proud dad.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

isn't she pretty...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Tahr, Rusky, Nick-D and 4 others like this.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    - Venbee

Chur , bet that's bloody rewarding to see all your work paying off

Lot of hard work to get there well done fella!!!

And Harley of course...

@Dorkus .What is your opinion on the blue print?

Really easy to follow and seems to work well. Some of it is very "suck eggs" and he explains everything forty times per episode and spends a lot of time going over shit he's already covered. You could cut the episodes in half time wise and not lose anything of value but I guess people want an hour if they're paying good money each month? I'm pissed that he bumped the price (more than doubled ) half way through and once it's finished won't let people buy one episode at a time - gotta buy all 12 for something like $750. Other than that I've got my money's worth and am more than happy with the doggo as an end result.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    - Venbee

I see its still at $22us a block at the moment but was meant to change end off april where you had to buy the whole 12 for $425us. Also once it changes to where you buy the lot and you have only purchase a couple so far you will have to pay again to get the 12 at the higher price Unfortunately i would love to buy it but arent in the financial position two the whole 12 in one go.
    From what ive seen on you tube i have learnt alot already

Great stuff mate, many trips of Harley taking you in on a deer will result in a dead deer if you can do your part, well done mate, you be stoked. Shall i save a spot for her in the truck for July??

Hamish
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by HNTMAD View Post
    Great stuff mate, many trips of Harley taking you in on a deer will result in a dead deer if you can do your part, well done mate, you be stoked. Shall i save a spot for her in the truck for July??

Hamish
    Yeah man, I am over the moon! Those jap stags aren't gonna stand a chance come July...
    HNTMAD likes this.
    - Venbee

Show down at Clements, real Vizsla's vs crosses. Should be interesting... :-)

You should change her name to (US) Mint.

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    Show down at Clements, real Vizsla's vs crosses. Should be interesting... :-)

You should change her name to (US) Mint.
    No competition if my dog is at home

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Hunted over Lukes pup during the roar who was also a deer dog blueprint pup. Pretty awesome how well he was working at only 8 months age. Worth the money from what I have seen of it.
    He put us on to a couple, we were just a bit slow on the draw.

Tried to take on a nest of Germans too, was pretty entertaining
    Dorkus likes this.

Cutting Edge Bullets Terminator's Avatar
    Well done thanks for posting
    1000yds is fun, 1500yds is getting interesting, 2000yds is exciting, 2500yds will blow your mind

Big or small 6.5 drops em all.
    Awesome to read your story about Harley,sounds like you've put in a lot of work and it's paying off. Her mother is still hunting well and is hopefully pregnant again for her 2nd and final litter. We will keep one this time to replace our older dog. Saw one of her other pups last week and they were stoked as he's going well on deer and had a great duck shooting . Good luck for your July hunts. Jonathan
    Dorkus likes this.