Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: How to get a stag this roar

Impure Lead Flinger
    Well im taking cam this year so i shud be good to go.... come at me stags!!

Banned
    Its obviously the ciggie that bought that stag in!!! clearly it was hanging out for a drag
    veitnamcam likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I admire your dedication to the sport 7mmwsm but I think I will pass on that. The sleeping bag would be a bit high after a week.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

It certainly seems to help once you have got one and carried. if the wind swirls on ya on the next one it doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Wirehunt likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Try shooting a spiker and skinning the brown stained area around the pizzle, take plenty, and the pizzle and balls. Hang all this gear on your belt, or better still around your neck so the smell really gets into your system. This will eliminate your own scent and make it a lot easier to approach unsuspecting stags. The key is don't take it off until you have finished hunting for the roar, as removing it will allow some of your own scent to seep out and alert the stags you are hunting. You may want to refresh your smell with a new pizzle every week or so.
    One thing you will need to ask yourself is, do you want to hunt stags, or do you want to asssociate with people? Because this method will ensure that your circle of associates will not allow you near them. Unless of course they are all weirdos. In which case you may be able to supply them with pizzles (at a price of course) from all the stags you have been slaying.
    Have you done it?
    VIVA LA HOWA

R93
    If ya know a couple pregnant chicks Toby, get them to urinate over your favorite hunting jacket/top for around a week. Hang dry it, put it in a plastic bag until you need it and the staggys will be traversing mountains and both islands to get too you
    BRADS likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    If ya know a couple pregnant chicks Toby, get them to urinate over your favorite hunting jacket/top for around a week. Hang dry it, put it in a plastic bag until you need it and the staggys will be traversing mountains and both islands to get too you
    Toby if you get around to giving this a go I would be interested to know the results (assuming of course that you can find a couple of pregnant chicks to be donors in the first place). In fact if you do find some likely prospects then let me know and I will come down to Wairoa as I am keen to witness how you would go about broaching the subject. "Er yeh gidday, I'm Toby. How are ya? You sheila's wanna take a piss on my jacket? Not kinky or nothin its just that R93 said it would drive the stags nuts"
    Wirehunt, R93 and Micky Duck like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

My sister is in labour as we speak. Have you tried R93? talking from experience?
    VIVA LA HOWA

Shit you guys make a man laugh
    Toby mate your in hospital that will have a ward full of pregnant chicks somewhere
    Gibo likes this.

R93
    Its just a piss take Tobs!!! No pun intended I am worried by your silence that you have already sorted a couple donors and ruining a perfectly good jacket

Scent shit is all a gimmick, for idiots that cant hunt and get sucked in to spending more money on shit they can fix themselves. Wearing a stags flap or scent killing your clothes would be as useful as a smoker trying to cover up the fact they smoke with cheap aftershave.
    Just remember the basics and things will be fine.
    Some stags will be cagey and others would run up a busy Auckland street to get a piece of you. If you can keep them guessing your well ahead of the game.
    veitnamcam and Micky Duck like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

SiB
    Toby I do have this mental image of you having a sincere hand-holding quiet moment with your sister as you ask her to pee on your jacket, or even wear it in the birthing suite for you. Don't forget to mention, in passing that it has been scientifically proven, research has shown, statistical evidence favours this etc etc etc.

Please, please make sure someone else is filming this for our continued education (they should stand at a discrete and safe distance). The video tape will also help the surgeons decide which bits go where when 'sis' loses the plot somewhat and has an emotional moment, consequently ripping your head and and arms off. This of course will corrupt the jacket with your blood and gore, thus all your efforts will be wasted.

as the old guy in the Speights ad says; "good on yer mate"
    Last edited by SiB; 18-03-2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: got too excited winding up Toby!

I never even considered it sorry. I was almost thinking about it though.
    VIVA LA HOWA

SiB
    your silence Toby makes me worry you're scurrying round those hospital corridors as we speak, 'she-wee' in hand, jacket in t'other.

Do remember it's considered bad form to cut catheter lines and collect the bags. The nurses will find you . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Its just a piss take Tobs!!! No pun intended I am worried by your silence that you have already sorted a couple donors and ruining a perfectly good jacket

Scent shit is all a gimmick, for idiots that cant hunt and get sucked in to spending more money on shit they can fix themselves. Wearing a stags flap or scent killing your clothes would be as useful as a smoker trying to cover up the fact they smoke with cheap aftershave.
    Just remember the basics and things will be fine.
    Some stags will be cagey and others would run up a busy Auckland street to get a piece of you. If you can keep them guessing your well ahead of the game.
    We could have milked this a little longer spoil sport.
    veitnamcam and Matt2308 like this.

Me walking around the corridors Hahaaha I am lucky to be seen walking to the shit house.
    VIVA LA HOWA