Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Hunting with the boy

Quote Originally Posted by RimfireNZ View Post
    What a perfect sounding shot. It's awesome that he gets to keep the bullet as a momento. Solid copper huh? That's interesting.

Your kid is lucky his old man is into hunting. It'd make it a lot easier to get into it.
    Yep, solid copper. I have been super impressed with their performance on game.

My dad was never into hunting, as a young fella I managed to talk him into going hunting twice but that was like pulling teeth and never had any results, he put me onto a friend of his who hunted which was a help but as a teen I learnt the hard way- by making heaps of mistakes, hunting wrong areas at the wrong times.

Its really apparent that kids with a hunting parent and a good pool of role model adult hunters will be far more successful from earlier on.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Same here, my father had a severely dibilitating moterbike accident when I was 4 yrs old so success was a long time coming for me....I really had to wait until I was 16 and got my licence to even go hunting deer and goats for the first time...... I dont know what I was upto back then but my first deer took 2 years..... Mind you hundreds upon hundreds of goats met their bitter end during that period All I ever wanted was someone to take me hunting growing up but we didnt really know anyone... But im proud I learnt the hardway..
    Steve338 likes this.

My dad would never have called himself a hunter and he was a very average shot but he would have taken more animals than most people on here put together and doubled, my Mum was the same but she could shoot a bit,I'm nearly 50 and I'm still making mistakes( probably to much talking and not enough listening)difference is it seemed to matter back in the beginning now just makes me laugh at myself D.:
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Yep, as long as I've got venison in the freezer I can find mistakes funny too lol

Got to love getting out there with the kids its just the best! their first kills will be next 8)

My critters have not been out enough latley and are gutted the next two trips they can't come with sports on etc

My Father was always too busy on the farm to hunt but a few rabbit hunts was enough to get me keen, So me and a mate who lost his dad found our way to the bush and found what it was all about.... found the bulls that made a racket on the back of a place he later worked were actualy stags...Big learning curve as I wasn't a book reader and no Forums back then
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good