Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dusk
    Attachment 1472

You can't beat a 500 for transport!
    Attachment 1473

Attachment 1474
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

just a couple more for the competition as you have to be in to win!!!

Attachment 1477

Attachment 1478
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thats a ripper Kudu, a beauty to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Thats a ripper Kudu, a beauty to behold
    Cheers, i know I'm pretty chuffed with it. Almost as good as gizzy head eh?

Here's a video I threw together with footage from my roar this year. Not to bothered about the comp, but thought a few members here might be interested.

Cheers
    JoshC

Cool Video
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

mean vid thanks

That's awesome footage Josh. It must make you feel good knowing there are so many good animals in your hunting area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    That's awesome footage Josh. It must make you feel good knowing there are so many good animals in your hunting area.
    Thanks, I'm please with this seasons hunting, we saw plenty of animals which always makes it more enjoyable. Yes in a way...I wouldn't say there are "so many good" stags, its a matter of doing a few kms, going where others don't, spending alot of time looking and certainly not shooting the first animal you see. I would've seen 25-30 odd stags this roar, and only maybe 3 or 4 were really worth shooting. In hindsight I probably should've let the 12 I shot walk, but it was an awesome stalk, he was in a popular hunted area, and he was the best stag we saw on the trip, so I am confortable with my decision.

On so many occasions we have seen several stags during a hunt, populating one small area simply because we have got in silently and have sat quietly..and to be honest have been quite surprised by the numbers of deer in some places. This year was no different, we thought the stag in the first sequence of the vid was the most dominant one in this small basin, he certainly acted like it. An hour into the stalk the skylined stag showed up, he's a young 11 with good potential, and then just on dark a large mature 12 came out of the bush for a matter of seconds and then disappeared. He didn't offer a chance to shoot, however if he had I would definately had a crack, he was big. We had no idea there were 3 stags with potential holding up in this spot. We will go back next year for a look and see how they have matured, if the choppers don't get them. The minute you fire a shot and make noise the chances of seeing a decent stag decreases. They are not stupid.

Well done on your stag too, he is a beauty. You obviously put in the effort and earnt him. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Thanks, I'm please with this seasons hunting, we saw plenty of animals which always makes it more enjoyable. Yes in a way...I wouldn't say there are "so many good" stags, its a matter of doing a few kms, going where others don't, spending alot of time looking and certainly not shooting the first animal you see. I would've seen 25-30 odd stags this roar, and only maybe 3 or 4 were really worth shooting. In hindsight I probably should've let the 12 I shot walk, but it was an awesome stalk, he was in a popular hunted area, and he was the best stag we saw on the trip, so I am confortable with my decision.

On so many occasions we have seen several stags during a hunt, populating one small area simply because we have got in silently and have sat quietly..and to be honest have been quite surprised by the numbers of deer in some places. This year was no different, we thought the stag in the first sequence of the vid was the most dominant one in this small basin, he certainly acted like it. An hour into the stalk the skylined stag showed up, he's a young 11 with good potential, and then just on dark a large mature 12 came out of the bush for a matter of seconds and then disappeared. He didn't offer a chance to shoot, however if he had I would definately had a crack, he was big. We had no idea there were 3 stags with potential holding up in this spot. We will go back next year for a look and see how they have matured, if the choppers don't get them. The minute you fire a shot and make noise the chances of seeing a decent stag decreases. They are not stupid.

Well done on your stag too, he is a beauty. You obviously put in the effort and earnt him. Congratulations.
    Yeah cheers Josh. It has certainly taken a few trips and hours and km's to get him.

When i mentioned the good animals in your video I wasn't just meaning numbers but I was impressed with the size and shape of the heads. After spending most of my years in the Ruahines and up Tongariro I have never seen any that big. You southerners certainly are blessed!

Some awesome footage there JoshC cheers

Quote Originally Posted by worms View Post
    Pretty sure its going to be around the 150 mark, i have run a tape over him and going to get someone to do it officially too.
    Had him officially scored now, and surprisingly the bugger grew, he went 158 7/8 which i was stoked about.