Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: RUSHYS ROOST

Banned

RUSHYS ROOST

Im not much of a writer or story teller but here is the report from the trip to Minginui

Thursday morning i woke nice and early excited for the day ahead so went to town and had brunch with the wife for our anniversary so that done and dusted i went home and finished packing rushy turned up at 2pm with luke who will soon be on the forums we threw my stuff on the trailer and off we went to rotorua to meet up with mucko and his bosses son mattis(whoes name got changed to fluff on the second night by gibo, pointer and twoshotkill) and his friend toby (not the toby of the forum) we all had a feed and set off for rushys spot X.

so we arrive at spot x and set up camp toby and fluff went for a walk we got settled lit a fire and have a few beers and talk a bit of shit while rushy cooked dinner venison steak and sausages we had a feed and hit the hay

up early the next morning had breakfast packed some lunch and we set off in pairs rushy and i went together walked all day found fark all sign until about 130 pm which didn't provide any animals seen or heard so we headed back to camp and got back at about 4,poor mucko and luke meet on of the locals who was casing them out and knew exactly what caliber rifle luke had and the size and kind of boots he had on so the high tailed it home had to bush bash part of it as the local came looking for them the turned up at camp looking a bit worried (luke kept his rifle very close for the rest of the night just incase they showed up) toby and fluff got back not long after, sitting round the fire with a beer in hand the rolled pork roast on the rotisserie infront of the fire veges in the ufo cooker we are talking about or day when pointer gibo and twoshotkill show up they must of smelt the roast we say hi eat dinner talk some shit and hit the hay

up early again the next morning gibo pointer and twoshotkill hve breakfast and they are off early and they came back and had a nana nap around lunch toby and fluff headed out together and toby went home at lunchtime and fluff carried on solo that left rushy luke mucko and i we headed out in a group of 4,rushy swapped his rifle for a walking stick and he hurt himself the day before, rushy showed us some clearings and they boys where nice and let me go point for most of the day, we where coming up on a clearing and mucko took point and headed up with rushy to check it out while luke and i stayed back. we waited 15-20 mins heard no shots so we headed up and somehow i managed to get up and into the clearing befor mucko lucky he saw me cause if he had seen a deer i may taken a bullet by accident. i was on point coming upto another clearing and i spooked a deer that was about 15-20m away the others caught up and sat down as i dumped my pack and headed down for a stalk as it didnt run off crashing thru the bush but sadly i could not find it so headed back up and we made plans to head back to camp which wasnt far away and the terrain look easy enough, what a load of crap that was as we got bluffed real bad mucko and luke managed to get over a part of the track but rushy and i couldnt so headed straight up the hill and made our way to the nearest track and headed back to camp which took ages. rushy and i meet pointer gibo and twoshotkill on their way down the driveway as they were heading out for another hunt, mucko and luke got back to camp about 5 mins before us as the had spent 30 mins yelling and whisleing for us as we didnt say that we were heading another way back to camp, we dry off light a fire to get warm and it starts pooring down we are huddled up around the fire under 2 small tarps while rushy is preping 3 chooks and veges to go in the ufo cooker, up the track walks a very wet and tired fluff who proudly told us that he spooked/saw 5 deer but no shots were fired he got changed and warmed up by the fire, pointer gibo and twoshotkill show up back at camp and pointer pulls out his huge ass tarp which put our 2 little ones to shame but hey it kept us all dry we had dinner a few beers and we were talking away when MUCKOS HAT appers we all had a look mucko had a cuddle and we all hit the hay

this morning it was a little bit of a later get up had breakfast,pointer gibo twoshotkill and fluff go off for a hunt while rushy mucko luke and i sit around the fire as we had no energy, 930 is we start packing up camp and loading the stuff on the trailer/in the cars which didnt take us long at all so we piled in muckos 4x4 and go and get the 2 camp chairs that him and luke found when the locals came looking for them and had to dive in the bush, we get back and the others get back from their hunt and they had no luck we say good bye i sign muckos hat and rushy luke and i get on our way and head home, we stopped in rotorua had some lunch and rushy dropped me home on his way past .

so all in all even tho no animals were shot it was a great weekend walking around the bush and meeting some forum members, i learnt alot in 2 days and we all lived like kings and and had a real good time,lots of thanks to everyone who gave me tips and pointers on what to do and a huge thanks to rushy for picking me up and having the patience to teach me a thing or to

bring on the next hunt cant wait

Good write up, enjoyed, Forums been quiet while all you buggers have been off line!
    Toby likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Wheres the pics at!
    VIVA LA HOWA

Great write up Rodsta, thanks. Shame no deer were taken,but hey, that is hunting.
    The reason you never would have got shot could be down to your wise choice of bumbag colour.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Good write up, enjoyed, Forums been quiet while all you buggers have been off line!
    to be honoest rushy gibo and i thought the forum was going to die without us taking the piss haha
    Pengy likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Wheres the pics at!
    no1 took any haha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Great write up Rodsta, thanks. Shame no deer were taken,but hey, that is hunting.
    The reason you never would have got shot could be down to your wise choice of bumbag colour.
    and my hiviz shirt haha

Quote Originally Posted by RODSTA View Post
    no1 took any haha
    Slackers! The lot of you
    VIVA LA HOWA

Banned
    Slackers! The lot of you
    we were to busy trying to find deer to stop and take photos

What was the story with the locals?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    im not fully sure ill let @mucko tell that story haha

It is growing season in there

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    and the fact i like to identify my target before shooting, Rodsta learnt a very important lesson about staying put. his high viz shirt was the first thing rushy saw. makes you have a double take when the person in your firing zone should be 400 meters behind you. Lesson learnt that day by Rodsta.
    RODSTA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    After 11 hours of hunting we were heading out via a well rutted 4x4 track, when out of nowhere a local appeared started shooting the breeze, seamed innocent enough at first talking about hunting. then shit started getting strange he had Luke measured knew what boots and what size he was wearing. kept trying to pin point where our camp was with me and Luke not agreeing where camp was. a comment that stuck for me was. Gee you fellas got some flash rifles i was asked is yours a 308 i said nah its a 243 he replied oh two 243's Luke never mentioned he had a 243 but from 6 feet he was cased. we had found some primo fold out chairs that must of fallen off a truck. we asked are these your chairs the old boy said Nah boy you have them they yours. he asked if we had seen a Nissan truck up their we said no hadn't seen anyone at all. any way we headed off but not before it was suggested to us to drive our truck up there early the next morning so he could drive in behind us and not get blocked in Fuck That. as we were 2-3 hours from camp we put the foot down. as we got further away bits of the conversation with the old boy weren't making sense. it was clear to me and Luke we were cased for our rifles and my gps, with stories of guys being held up for their gear in the past we weren't prepared to take our chances. we found the old boys truck on our way out but no camp? he had told us he had been bush for six days ok wheres camp?. fuck this we thought it was strongly suggested by Luke that if we heard a vehicle we would hit the bush. about 1 Km down south road fuck vehicles we dropped in to the bush in seconds the old boys ute plus a nissan ute at high speed flew past. we couldnt help but think they were looking for us. we crossed over the road and went bush those vehicles went back and forth a couple of times that we were aware of. after a further 2 hours we made camp. it was a brush with the locals i did not enjoy we may have over reacted but we weren't risking it.
    Toby, kiwi39 and Scouser like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Wheres the pics at!
    Not a single camera (that I saw) in camp Toby.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms