Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Tahr trip

"Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Cracker buck and photos, stunning country.

Cheers.

Neat looking trip. It looks like it was a bit on the cool side.

thats a very good cham Adam well done, where are the posser pics. Cheers for the storey, looks like you had a mint trip

AB Precision
    She was a good humour trip with plenty of laughs an we all had a wee gid at each other but think us young(er) 2 got the most of it, with a few more ks put under the boots

Me an angry bob where set on some up the head of the vally that we had spyed couple of bigger body bulls that where worth a closer look
    so we got set in the morning an headed off with another stroll up the river, baldbob set for the day hunting an having breakfast

an deciding early we where going to be lasy an bugger going round the river so through the fucker we went was a tad fresh an 4 crossings latter we had wet feet but thats no major deal, I found some on the way to the location an decided bugger is some meat start of the day set up an took a juvi bull but it soaked up 2 162 from the serious tahr wepon an one from the 338 witch after some fighting it hit the dirt to stay up the hill at 764m shot an was un reachable.

Found our mob again an headed up the other side to get better look after a stiff likke stroll up the hill for couple of hours he where having lunch as i was about to eat my arm, an couldnt see mr tahr then fuck me we had never seen them an they where 413m away good body on the bull but not horns but mr bob decided he would loose his tahr verginty on him, we set up an boom mr bull sucked hard on a 300gr 338 pill an was to busy going "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! !!!!!!!!! as it fall of a good bluff me time the serious tahr wepon was a laser an had 4 down before he knew what had happened he got another we packed up an headed down the hill into the crrek where they had all ended up from the other side to where.

adams bull

the view down the creek had to head back down

Took some photos of adam an his bull an one of my ass witch im sure will end up here if adam has his was, he was chopping his bull up while i peeled some meat of my animals an we had it hight tail it as we had 3ish hours down an back to the hut still to do an loonnnnggggg walk, an was good to get back at the hut an the weight off

Next day i decided to leave the seriour tahr wepon at the hut to save the tahr population an opted for a much heavier cannon to got an be the wandering boyan carry bitch to help them get some tahrs, after thinking i was going to have a stroll up the river then up the creek to the lake with the old(er) boys i was mistaked as the cunts where off an away up the river an set into it up the creek also pushing along well an we all made good time up there, they where few an far between but found some up the hill an the lapua improved got the strech, 954yds (greg??? i cant remender) an mr bull go hit an hit hard, then let the wee adventure for him begin as he fall an got smashed on his was down, the been the younger one i thought id be good chap an go fetch the bugger.........well give it a boot to get the rest of the way............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................

OOOHHHHH how i was mistaken i got bluffed an couldnt get round bits then couldnt get up bits an got very pissed not been able to get close even with greg an cam in different spots trying to guide me in on the kill, so we pulled the pin as had to get back to the hut again witch was a little wander away again also

gregs shooing spot

the angle

then we had cameo cream the kea caller

I was in this photo trying to retreve the tahr

scenery photos

i also am just editing the videos to make a little clip to put up to, give me bit longer im about to smash the computer
    veitnamcam likes this.

we set up an boom mr bull sucked hard on a 300gr 338 pill an was to busy going "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Oh how I laughed and laughed, good proper out loud belly laughs The missus is watching shorters and looking at me like im some sort of demented weirdo

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    we set up an boom mr bull sucked hard on a 300gr 338 pill an was to busy going "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" "fire truckkkkk!!!!!!!!" LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Oh how I laughed and laughed, good proper out loud belly laughs The missus is watching shorters and looking at me like im some sort of demented weirdo
    i had to give the PC verision hahaha we all know what he was saying was funny as hell tho

I don't take enough photos but took a few worth sharing.

Is that a hobbit under that icefall ?????

I got a few pics of these cheeky buggers

Here is Cam glassing

Here is another photo from the same spot to give you an idea of the size of the place..

Cam shot his Tahr top left of this pic @ 700 ish yards & 33 degrees good shooting for a factory 308 !!

Here he is off on retreival duties

Spotted these ones one evening from the hut about 2100yards away.

Some random pictures

Funny I really miss being up there today even with all the bitching & moaning about how bloody rediculosly steep everything is & huffing & puffing & sore body, It was a great trip & once again thanks heaps guys I had a fantastic time & can't wait to get back into that sort of country

Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    i had to give the PC verision hahaha we all know what he was saying was funny as hell tho
    Hope you can get some sort of PC version out of the video of me shooting those Bulls from that bloody arse of a position

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Hope you can get some sort of PC version out of the video of me shooting those Bulls from that bloody arse of a position
    haha the beauty of putting sound over the top, its just been a arse an the computer been slow not keeping up tonight

Some good pics there Greg. It wasn't that bad even piss crook not really even sore today wish I was still up there. Instead im reliving it over and over

Squashed like a Flea
    G'Day Fella's,

Good to see you blokes had a great trip and trophies and looks like the weather, was pretty good also!
    Thanks for all those great images, it gets my heart fairly pumpin again, just lookin at them!!!

A couple of young huntin/work mates of mine and some other Aussies are over on The Coast chasing Tahr at the moment.
    They were going in from Hari x 2

Doh!
    Homer

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    G'Day Fella's,

A couple of young huntin/work mates of mine and some other Aussies are over on The Coast chasing Tahr at the moment.
    They were going in from Hari x 2

Doh!
    Homer
    Just back from a week in that area, nice spot in there (Adams Flat) with plenty of bulls around to make it interesting... I must get a few photos sorted and put together a bit of a yarn...
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Just plain stunning scenery !!!

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    Just plain stunning scenery !!!
    Beats the sky tower hands down eh