Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By stingray
  • 1 Post By stingray

Thread: Their story!!

Their story!!

As I posted else where the young blokes hanging out at my place got out and did some hard yards, so heres their yarn. Enjoy!

Well we started out drove for a couple of hours to this spot we had lined up for some time, threw on our packs and headed up hill,after climbing round a nasty slip blocking the track we made it out on to the tops and guess what no hut!! it's on the bloody map even the gps topo map but nope after a frustrating search we relieased there wasn't one so we set up a bivy had a feed and made plans for a evening hunt.

We left camp and wandered along glassing looking listenin, then the big fela says look at that bush it's getting a thrashing.. so we sat watched and waited, out wanders two fat porkers so we look at each other and thumbs up, the little blokes shot.. lines up on the bigger one .... Kaaabomfa!! The pig bolts shit the little bloke thought he had missed runs over to where he thought it should be no pig ??wtf how etc .. the big bloke goes naaa mate it was over there and blow em down 5 meters from where the big fella reckoned here was a the stone dead porker!! so they dressed it out and wandered back to camp very proud of em selves. hung the pig up and into the fart sacks.

Night time... the big fella hops in to his brand new "mummy" bag and (his words) fark it was like being a mummy not an inch to spare!! the little bloke jumps in to his "summerweight" bag and an hour later back out again puts on every dam piece of warm clothing he had and I reckon he snuck some of the big fella's as well!! still froze his skinny little arse off! ( they're a bit green these two but rest assured he's gone and got a winter weight bag and a good fly).

So half way through the night crack, bang crarkkkkk a dirty old jacko has wandered into their camp and is tearing the place up.. the big fella is mummyfied and the little fellas out trying his best to get rid of the bugger..(that part made me laugh!!!).Try imagining a we bloke with 3 layers of clothing with a stick trying to get the best of a big old jacko..

beep beep 6am alarm!! dark as, so little fella to the big fella... "how bout we kip for half an hour more?? yeah righto"

They wake to the foot falls of another pair of hunters heading up the ridge and full light at 7.30 (like i said they'r still a bit green eh) hahaha "shit bugger blast" .. up out tucker down their necks boots on and away... the caught up with the other party glassesing a face and gully. Had a quiet pow wow with em and got the go ahead to hunt futher up... way futher up, so with some more miles under their boots they sit down for smoko and a glass " look goats".... miles away but game all the same.. shall we shant we?? naa lets keep climbing, well another hour in theyre on a saddle having smoko and the little blokes says "what do ya reckon got all they way to the top eh"..the big fella's feeling the pinch a bit and says maybe , the little fella replies "well I'll go and you wait here" , "nope" replies the big fella I know damn well you will climb up there and shoot a chammy or a deer or someting so i'm cumming".

So up they climbed again they creasted the top and the little fella drops to the ground and waves the big bloke over.."down there" .."see it?naa its a rock naa its got antlers ..you sure? yeah look..naa yeah.. fark your right..how we going to get closer??"

So with a shit load of sneaking( 40mins for a gain of 50 yards) closing the gap to a comfortably shootable distance, the little bloke says "lets get closer the big bloke goes naa I'll stay here you try to get closer and if it starts to move off I'll give it one from here"... "righto" ...so the little bloke takes 3 steps and CRACK steps on a branch. The deer head whips round looking straight at em, then after an age goes back to snoozing in the sun..more sneaking then finally the we bloke sets up for a shot...breath breath wobble wobble calm breath breath Kaabooomfa smack, phssssh (supressed 308) smack.. shit its getting up kaboomfaphsssh smack "we got it!!! you sure???" As it turned out they had hit it three times two in the shoulder and one just behind in the first rib. They recovered two of the three bullets.

So the we bloke bounds down the face like a chammy across a shingle scree, the big bloke keeps an eye on the spot where the deer dropped... "it's here we got it" , its a monster etc... lots of photo's handshakes later they backsteak and quater the stag... now reality sets in we gota go wayyyy back up there... and hour and a half cilmbing back to there packs tucker and water...thats when I got the phone call!!

The walk out was a mission back to the bivy have tea load the head meat and pig onto their packs and out by headlight... they reached the car at 10.30pm the were both relieved bugger exausted and extactic.

A very large mature stag only carrying eight points but to these two blokes a trophy a memory and experince to yarn about for the rest of their days. For me a experince to saviour as a dad mentor and friend. I could mention the we bloke loosing his (my knife) having to back track for 15 mins to find it (a bloody miraical it self) but lets not ruin a great yarn.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Well done lads

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Fantastic Stingray. Well done to the boys
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Good time by the sound of it, how was the walking the next day? Haha

not flash eh, we caught up with em at 10.30 dragged their sorry arse's out of bed and into thier wet suits and made em go freediving.They didn't get into the water till 12 but when they did, they showed me up all the same!! good barstards!!
    Maca49 likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Brill write up, sounds like a hell of a trip, great result too, a 'trophy head & a porker', i would be stoked!!!!!
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt