Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Winchester’s .458 … Contender or Pretender?

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    And your point is what?

B
    Blasers are gay was all I saw in there mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    puku likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Blasers are gay was all I saw in there mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So very predictable ....though I nodded off before I got to that wee gem.

B
    BRADS likes this.

And your point is what?

B
    I thought I'd share an article, that's all. But if you're gonna take it like that, fuck it..

And your point is what?

B
    Yes, whats the point? Does anyone actually care? Its not a Cal people actually use in nz for game...we don't have elephants to worry about. Anything that big I assume is fine for "Big Game "animals, is it not.(So there's my take on the .458 Winchester Magnum. Like I said, I don't really bother defending it any more) Really...sounds and looks to me you just wrote a essay defending it from what...overseas hunters so called bashing it? ....and preaching here where its prob the least likely Cal anybody gives a hoot about ....apart from the guys that make up projects and interested in such things but the average joe blog isn't looking at getting one anytime soon to shoot Red deer

WTF? The guy puts up a post about a calibre, some of us are interested in the big bores, some of you aren't.
    Didn't your mother teach you if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.
    Rich007, Fisherman, mikee and 1 others like this.

Definitely uncalled for. Some people are lucky enough to hunt overseas and we have a few overseas members. Anyway so what? The world would be boring with only .308 and .22lr.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    WTF? The guy puts up a post about a calibre, some of us are interested in the big bores, some of you aren't.
    Didn't your mother teach you if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.
    I hope one day to own something in the rifle dept which qualifies as "big bore" even though its really not necessary nor will it make anything deader than either of my 6.5s.

Right now though I have to just read about other peoples rifles cause i have no spare funds.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Definitely uncalled for. Some people are lucky enough to hunt overseas and we have a few overseas members. Anyway so what? The world would be boring with only .308 and .22lr.
    You quite right...one shouldnrt comment on something after a few beers. Apologies Badboymelvin... still, thought it was long winded for a big bore Cal that no body really is going to be using for there main rifle to shoot animals here. Did seem very pointless at the time after too many beers but with a clear head can see some would of found it of some interest. Again, Apologies, I was bad
    stug, Frogfeatures and 300CALMAN like this.