Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 92 Safari 4.0 petrol Lwb

I have got the message guys, thanks.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

I've got a '92 Diesel non-turbo Safari. Good solid truck, but electronics a bit temperamental. Compared to my experience with Landcruiser, I'd buy the Toyota next time. More simple set up

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post

Mate has a heavily modded Patrol TD42 turbo, stock Ranger drives past it with ease. Nuf said.
    A 50k brand new ute is faster than a 20 year old 10-15k wagon.

Can you tell me another cool story ?

Anyway, "heavily modded" in nz means 12psi and an intercooler, "heavily modded" in au means like 180kw and 700nm @ the rear wheels on 33"s, your ranger ain't keeping up with that.
    Pointer and JoshC like this.

And I'd rather have the Safari off road than the newer stuff.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    A 50k brand new ute is faster than a 20 year old 10-15k wagon.

Can you tell me another cool story ?

Anyway, "heavily modded" in nz means 12psi and an intercooler, "heavily modded" in au means like 180kw and 700nm @ the rear wheels on 33"s, your ranger ain't keeping up with that.

Have a look (google) for a TT one... one small turbo - spooling up one very large turbo running around 20+lb... in NZ

It's funny, Ive owned two GQ TD42s as dailys, and had one TD42 and one RD28 one as toys, and the only grief I have had was with the RD28t one.

My first daily one, the LWB one that half of the forum has been in at some stage, had 500+ thousand km on it and never missed a beat. The only time it cost me money was due to my own negligence, not checking diff oils after taking it swimming. That and panels, there wasnt an original one left on it! It had water up to the stereo, been tipped on its side etc, yet still wagged its tail in the morning when it saw me

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    It's funny, Ive owned two GQ TD42s as dailys, and had one TD42 and one RD28 one as toys, and the only grief I have had was with the RD28t one.

My first daily one, the LWB one that half of the forum has been in at some stage, had 500+ thousand km on it and never missed a beat. The only time it cost me money was due to my own negligence, not checking diff oils after taking it swimming. That and panels, there wasnt an original one left on it! It had water up to the stereo, been tipped on its side etc, yet still wagged its tail in the morning when it saw me
    Sure did love mud

If anyone is after a safari winch compleat with pto let me know.

PM sent
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.

I took my 92 safari thru the mataura river halfway up the wind screen. Had no issues and drove on except it blew the heater resistor bank, so heater only goes flat out or not at all now. Anyone got a spare handy?
    Ya can't park there mate.

These guys have more money than sense...V8's start at 14mins

Last edited by JoshC; 22-01-2015 at 11:19 AM.
    Timmay, GravelBen, BRADS and 1 others like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.