Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

AG100, TF125 or CT110

currently looking at these 3 bikes as sick of leaving my quad as the trails get to nasty and having to walk, hence the 2 wheeler... and its between ag100 tf125 as there much the same and a ct110 as itslooks as it will offer something different. i would like something for getting out on nasty tracks that can crawl up the horrid stuff.. ag and tf i assume are much the same cant go wrong with one or the other i hear, alot more tf's on trade me seem to go cheaper too, i have no experience with either of the 3 bikes does anyone here have any information on experience with them maybe why i should or shouldn't get one of the models ? i'm thinking the ct110 might have a harsh ride being more road orientated, just things you wouldn't pick up till actually riding one. also not that its too important but when did the TF go to 6 speed and why would they put 6 gears on a farm bike ? only thing i can think of is its cousin the ts125 got it so why not ?

I currently run 3 tf125's and a xr125 and a stockman and 2 dr200's on the farm and swear by the tf125 or mud bugs as they are commonly known .They are bullet proof and just keep going. Stay away from the xr 125 although they are 4 stroke and quiet and economical they have a paper air filter element which makes the bike unreliable in wet conditions and they don't have a kick start as backup.

I've had Ct 90's and 110. if you get one of these, make sure it has the high and low ratio gearbox selector.
    Good things; easy to drag through crap when you fall off or need to get over a log.
    Bad things: Poor ground clearance. Don't like mud. my 110 picked up a load of mud in the chain, chain broke and smashed the engine / gear casing. $700 later---
    Sold them and got a Big Red.

My first bike was the TF 125(mudbug) good bike. I like the CT's also because of there size and the step thru. Can't fault either.
    Dan M

stockman 250 one of the best bikes I have ever used. you can keep the screaming 2 strokes
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Tf125 no doubt, definitely not the CT, if you find one cheap look at the ag200 or an xr200. The TFs have a bullet proof engine and gearbox and with a good set of tires should do all you need it to, the ag100 only have a 19in front wheel and the geometry on them is crap.

Go TF unless you find a cheap XR200/250

ebf
    Another vote for the TF

I have a TF100 with a TF125 engine transplant. Tons of spare parts, real simple to fix. Bulletproof bikes, design has not changes since the 70s
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

awesome thats what i wanted to hear lots of votes for the TF as they seem to be the most available and generally cheaper... which is always good looks like i'll be getting me a TF cant really afford to spend more than a grand which wont get me an xr250 or the likes but the tf will do what i need crawling up steep hills and good mileage cheap parts etc now to find a decent one.......

another reason to get a TF..... i cant believe this exists that's so awesome ! https://www.facebook.com/SuzukiMudbugRacing