Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: All terrain tyres: Are they all made equal?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    Thats no good then, need r16s.
    Good replies guy, will have to look into the Cooper options.
    Get a set of 15" rims then. I found it was cheaper to go 15" rims and tyres than 16" tyres. Also get a better choice in 15".
    mucko likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by madmaori View Post
    Not a huge fan of the GT product ,the AT2 before that pattern was a total write off ,weak as walls that felt like they were going to turn inside out under a bit harder cornering as well as being completely utterly shit in the wet.they may have corrected some of those flaws with this pattern but not holding my breath...but like they say the proof is in the pudding!let me know how they go @Double Shot
    Yep I hear you there on the AT2 @madmaori, they were complete shite, had them on a new Hilux back in '07... moved to the RF10 after that, they had been good but when I got the new Pajero it had 22" wheels on it, they got replaced with 20" however I'm limited in tyre choice at that size, the AT3 so far has been excellent, whether it be driving around crusty old logging tracks, gravel roads, fording rivers, tarmac or towing the boat, they seems to handle well and I haven't had any issues on cornering, I'm a little hard on my driving...baring in mind the wagon has a 40mm lift kit, it seems to handle well... So far I think they're a good tyre, but then there is nothing like the good ol' Savero, why oh why did GT stop making them...

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    No, AT tyres are not created equal. Generally with tyres you do get what you pay for.

Those Desert Duelers above are a good tyre, we got around 70,000kms out of the last set we had on our 70 series landcruiser before selling it.

I'm having a good run out of Hercules Terratrac DT's, they're more a 'desert terrain' tyre than AT, and quite chunky. Hercules are made by Coopers.

These are the first AT tyres I've bought, always had MT's, I probably won't go back to a MT after having these.

Done over 50,000kms on this set so far and they're still in good nick. Maybe squeeze another 10,000-15,000 out of them, then that'll get me to about April, and a new set for winter

Tyreshoponline.co.nz is the place I got them from, Steve there is a very knowledgeable guy.
    I've got the DTs from Steve too, I would recomend them and him.