Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Atermarket mufflers for quads.

Hey people, got a 01 Honda TRX 350 great little machine but a little on the loud side,its 100% stock bike and I was wondering if there was a simple way of quieting it down a tad.

I cant take the muffler apart to repack it as its welded,is there a later model muffler I could use? I thought of using one of a larger capacity bike eg 700 cc but Im unsure if it will effect performance? or is there an aftermaket option.

Any advise appreciated.

RUNAS

Most aftermarket pipes are designed to add power, intern they make a heap more noise than a standard pipe/ can.
    The TRX is a very common bike you shouldn't have to much drama getting a second hand can from a wrecker.
    Have you tried taking the carbon bung out the bottom of the pipe?

SO a bit of a de carb may be the answer? I'll give it a go.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RUNAS View Post
    SO a bit of a de carb may be the answer? I'll give it a go.
    Thanks
    Nope, I think you'll find a bung on the bottom of the can, take it out, cover the end of the can with a rag, rev the bike a few times.
    Failing that push some packing into the can with broom handle a put a gorse over the end.

If its louder than normal quite possible some one has removed a baffle or spark arrestor,also possible internal baffles have been punched threw with a pointed punch (makes it sound cool dog) ) or just rusted out.
    Should be able to get a super trap or similar adjustable noise muffler for it probably for less than original price.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Nah, its not over loud,eg modifyed,probably quite normal,I just want to make it quieter.

Super Trap aye gees havent seen one of them for a few years! Last one if I recall was on some POS MkV Cortina with air shocks in the rear
    Cher trick cuz LOL
    AH those were the days.

RUNAS

Re: Atermarket mufflers for quads.

Years ago my boss made me a slip on one for spotlifting made it quiet as hell took away a fair amount of power but that was fine for spotlighting. Just a sleeve tightened up like a hose clamp with an older car muffler welded on a pipe bend at 90degrees. Was ugly and you did not want to touch it as it stuck out a bit but with a bit of thaght and design would be easy to.kake the 2.0 version

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi mate if you are around the mighty palmerston north i dont mind cutting it open and re baffleing and welding it back up i for you for a small tui fee

I imported a silencer kit from Cabelas it was $145us and it has cut the noise by half I have had it on for about 4 years. There is no loss of power and takes the popping away.
    Hope this helps.

I'll give a car muffler a crack I think.

I think I should be able to fit one with a larger capacity that the factory one.
    Question though what's the deal with spark arrestors in factory ones ? Can someone explain these.

RUNAS

Usually just a tube or cone of mesh, Idea being it catches a lump of burning carbon.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Thanks for that, doesn't seem likenthis should take too much.