Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Can o worms

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Make sure you get a diesel Pengy ! No spark plugs to part company from your engine whilst driving
    Here, here. I like the low end torque, great for towing and slow speed off road work.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Can o worms

Got a manual Isuzu trooper similar to a bighorn as a farm hack, has been absolutely thrashed towing implements trailers of hay other vehicles out of ditches. I couldn't recommend it enough. Has been well maintained. If I ever spot another one I'll be buying it. Mine is the 3.1 TD 4jg3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pengy likes this.

Get a hilux and go do whatever the hell you want while these ladies keep yarning about what gets the job done
    BRADS likes this.

The last good hilux was the Ln106, they get progressively less unbreakable and less off road capable from there, Everything else does as well but is generally better optioned/more powerfull/economic/reliable and costs half as much.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Hey bud, not sure if this is what you would be interested in but it's up for sale. https://trademe.co.nz/855472039
    Jeep Cherokee 4.0 LITRE 1995. Happy so sell it cheaper to a forum member! Cheers seano for the tag.

Nate.

Get a 4x4 pengy van mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Hey bud, not sure if this is what you would be interested in but it's up for sale. https://trademe.co.nz/855472039
    Jeep Cherokee 4.0 LITRE 1995. Happy so sell it cheaper to a forum member! Cheers seano for the tag.

Nate.
    Not my cuppa Nate, but thanks for the offer
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    I considered this
    ISUZU RODEO 4X4 | Trade Me
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    I considered this
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

I have an isuzu bighorn wiht the 3.1 4JG2 diesel engine was ripped off on it when I got it from a car yard in killarney road in hamilton after a few grand spent it is not too bad, biggest piss me off with the wagon is when it starts fucking around through the gears and changes down to too low of a gear while going up hills, my actual vote would be nissan 4x4's as they have timing chains so no timing belt change every 100,000K's and every one I have ever driven have gone like the clappers especially the safaris with the big diesel engines terranos and navaras are pretty good too
    Pengy likes this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

While they are good little motors it is going to be constantly working hard hauling that big fat arse, also it has probably right on the legal limit of rear overhang and has sagging rear suspension by the looks, this is a recipe for directional instability(read get up to a decent pace and scratch your nose and end up with the collie wobbles) particularly if water/waste tanks are aft of the rear axle and most likely they will be.

Test drive with full tanks and a heap of gear weight.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    I have an isuzu bighorn wiht the 3.1 4JG2 diesel engine was ripped off on it when I got it from a car yard in killarney road in hamilton after a few grand spent it is not too bad, biggest piss me off with the wagon is when it starts fucking around through the gears and changes down to too low of a gear while going up hills, my actual vote would be nissan 4x4's as they have timing chains so no timing belt change every 100,000K's and every one I have ever driven have gone like the clappers especially the safaris with the big diesel engines terranos and navaras are pretty good too
    Timing chains are no better than belts, they wear and retard cam timing causing loss of power and increased fuel use.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I considered this
    I'm sure the designers of that model rodeo forgot to make the slot for the ear muffs To sit in
    Noisiest vehicle iv been in, talk about rattle and knock
    Pengy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    I'm sure the designers of that model rodeo forgot to make the slot for the ear muffs To sit in
    Noisiest vehicle iv been in, talk about rattle and knock
    You've never been in a VW Kombi.

I'm with Cam and wouldn't touch the Rodeo with the massive camper. Too heavy, too high, ... good for an orgy.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

[QUOTE=gadgetman;345193]You've never been in a VW Kombi.

and if im realy lucky in this life time i will never get in one
    gadgetman and Pengy like this.