Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Chch 4wd Mechanic

Hi Guys,

I am looking at buying a Suzuki Samurai and want to get it checked out before I commit the cash and fly down. I don't want to do a standard AA/VTNZ check purely because I doubt they will be thorough enough.
    Looks to be relatively cheap and the person selling says there are no issues but you never know with TM.
    Can anyone recommend a good mechanic down there that will check out the wagon and let me know if its stuffed or not?

Cheers,
    Adam
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

surely there's someone out there?

The car sold overnight. Guess you gotta be in quick when they are cheap. I am on the lookout for a hunting wagon if anyone knows of one going - Really like the idea of the little Suzukis but open to other ideas. I have a daily driver so will purely be used for hunting but will need a wof to get there. Budget is around the $5k mark.

Adam
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    - Venbee

Look for an Isuzu Bighorn in that price bracket.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

There's a 4 door ecsudo sitting at my work
    Auto tho

I'm pretty new to four wheel driving, my only experience being driving a Hilux, a Surf and a Triton round Waiouru for a week long course a few years ago. From what I have read/heard, for my budget and what I am wanting to do (nothing too hardcore) a SWB Suzuki would be the best bet. Alternatively I could sell the Legacy and buy a truck for a daily driver that will tow the boat and be good for hunting - That would bump my budget up by $10-12K. Anyone wanna buy a 3L legacy station wagon?
    - Venbee

I loved my old 95 L200 4x4 , wouldn't outpull a schoolboy that's just found a playboy but reliable as shit and went anywhere I pointed it (once I threw on some coopers).
    Stay away from the petrol though and get a diesel , few mates had they v6 ones and they pieces of shit

@Dorkus I had a good run out of an Isuzu mu hat I brought for a grand, probably spent that on wheel bearing and cv's though. Git the long wheel base wizard leaf suspension and it would go almost anywhere

My son has a near immaculate late 90s SWB 2.8Turbo Mitsi Pajero (4M40). Lower (maybe 190?) ks, new 32" mudgrips, body lift, snorkel, Fusion sound system.

Set up for on and offroading by previous owner but was never used offroad. Son bought it then bub arrived and SWB too small for baby seats etc. He has run it for 6 months or so and it goes very well. I think he'd take $6.5k for it. Wee gem - very well set up 4x4. If I could get rid of one of my cars I'd grab it myself.

I have a a 92 swb pajero diesel used only for hunting. Reg is on hold . Comes with a spare set of muddies and wheels worth 1200. Is a good runner and I have taken absolutely every where. Is very nice to drive. I am going to put up for sale soon. It owes me about $3250.00. Might be what your looking for

Could be interested - Can you send me some more details and photos? I'll PM you my email address.
    - Venbee