Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Good ride tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    A hard ride and locking up the front sounds like they were slightly too high pressure perhaps? Maxxis make top rubber. They're the in tip top of MTB tyres, and those kids really do push it
    Nah pressure was always 25 ish... It just felt like they were hard compound. Plastic type hard. You know how good they are at making things out of steel that isn't steel kinda thing ?
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

[QUOTE=timattalon;616080]I was filling the tyres on my push bike on the way to work one day and waited for a guy to pump up the big droney mud tyres tyres on his sparkling clean 4wd (Prado or Pajero

Hahahaha what a cock sucker , it would handle like a bag of dicks and smash the shit out of the crown of the tyre....old mate must have read the sidewall where it says a max of 65 odd psi and took that as gospel as to what he should be running , amazes me how many people do that and ALOT of them are blokes.
    Bet he's also one of those fellas that only drives on the odd bit of gravel so he thinks he needs muds!
    Bet you rode away having the last laugh

Quote Originally Posted by madmaori View Post
    Bet he's also one of those fellas that only drives on the odd bit of gravel so he thinks he needs muds!
    well mine has muds cause it came with them it was either replace 2 muds with muds or buy 4 ATs. 2 muds was the cheaper option
    The Appleby riverbed track is about as off road as it gets for me
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

I have muds because they look cool lol

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    199p likes this.

i have goodride ats on the big horn got over 30000 ks on them now they seem to go ok .only gravel and beach work ,do ok in the ice etc down here in central but i do drive like a nana
    Munsey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    $169 a tyre sounds very cheap , considering the size. AT 265 65 17 s . Has anyone given them a go ?

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk
    I run 31 10.5 15 have had lots of k's on them the handle good and they wear well. I had cooper at3 on the truck before going goodride my truck will never see another cooper on it while I have it. we got about 60k out of a set. still road legal after 60,000km
    gadgetman and Munsey like this.
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Priced Coopers $460 vs $165 . Are they 3 times better ?
    no not even twice, if you where close by you could take the pajero for a cane and try the tyres out, I push them hard though the corners and have no worries about them, at that price what have you got to lose you will be converted, check out their load rating pretty high compared to others.
    gadgetman and Munsey like this.
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/

[QUOTE=madmaori;616190]
    Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    I was filling the tyres on my push bike on the way to work one day and waited for a guy to pump up the big droney mud tyres tyres on his sparkling clean 4wd (Prado or Pajero

Hahahaha what a cock sucker , it would handle like a bag of dicks and smash the shit out of the crown of the tyre....old mate must have read the sidewall where it says a max of 65 odd psi and took that as gospel as to what he should be running , amazes me how many people do that and ALOT of them are blokes.
    Bet you rode away having the last laugh
    Didn't see him crash but it probably feels like its on skates....

Dont judge a book by its cover..That cyclist will likely have a car or three at home..and in my case a motorbike as well..