Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Happy
  • 1 Post By Dougie

Thread: HELP! Wanted - person and 1950s/1960s Car for an afternoon (WTN)

HELP! Wanted - person and 1950s/1960s Car for an afternoon (WTN)

Hey guys and gals.

I need your help..I have no idea how to make this plan go ahead without the help of a friend of a friend. So please read and wrack your brain

My guy I work for is unable to go to Beach Hop due to medical reasons. He has been struggling with a pressure sore over the past few weeks and unfortunately the stress of trying to get his '51 Ford certed and just all around feeling rushed has resulted in a total lack of healing and a whole lot of muscle and strength loss that comes with bed rest. I have already committed to working that whole weekend and I know he's going to be super bummed.

So! The plan. A day of 50s/60s cool stuff at home. He has a record player and records (later I can scope out just exactly what LPs I could chuck on that fit the time period), I've bought a parent-friendly pin up dress that hopefully won't get stuck in wheelchair spokes...but I mean how funny would that be... He's not into super sugary sweets but I'm trolling trademe for a couple of big oldschool coke glasses for a milkshake which whipped cream. I'm thinking maybe home made burgers for dinner.

But the big thing....cars. My fella is nuts for his hot rods and 50s Fords. How cool would it be to have the sound of a big old flathead rock up the driveway and surprise him? The owner would have similar interests to him and I'm sure the two of them would enjoy talking each other's ears off and rattling on over a few beers. If this person(s) is strong enough, with my help we might even be able to get my guy into the car for a blat around the block.

So - do you happen to know someone who might meet this description who ISN'T going to the Beach Hop? Or they are going only for a couple days out the weekend and are available the Thursday or Friday before hand? Do you know anywhere else I should look or ask? I am sure that my guy is glued to every Rod forum out there so I don't think I'd be very ninja rocking up as a new member and asking.

Any help is much appreciated. This is the fourth year in a row that due to a medical hickup, my dude has been unable to attend, let alone attend with one of his cars.

51 Ford first drive, Flatheads forever. - YouTube
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Great idea and good luck with finding that help. Maybe a call to the local hot rod club would produce a result. they can't all be headed up the Whangamata.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Dougie, you are awesome! Im sorry that I can't help but I think this 'extra mile' is such a cool thing to do for him - I hope it all comes together.

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Thats a really nice thing you're doing. I hope someone is able to help you with finding a car. Good luck.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Hi ya.Check out this site. Contact someone (Last Hot Rod club I was in many years ago) and tell them your story. Im sure itll be OK
    and someone will help you out

CAM COUNTY : : HOME

My next bet would be

Moonshine Rod and Custom Club New Zealand

Failing all that I do know someone who has a 2010 or 2011 Mustang that Im sure d help out. Not a Hot Rod but
    still USA and sounds the part. Ford tho so dont go round corners overly quick ha ha ..

Try that and let us know how you get on. Get stuck theres a couple others I can possibly point you at.
    Dougie likes this.

If you met him, you'd realise that this really is nothing. He's such a giving guy and I can see in his eyes how sometimes he feels really trapped in his new body. I just want to make it a cool weekend for him. If you guys have any other ideas for a 50s theme, let me know! I think it's best to keep it sort of just me and him and not too many visitors incase things go pear shaped. So no wild party ideas, but some more 50s themed stuffs

Thanks guys! Get your thinking caps on!
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Our 1st wedding anniversary (11yrs ago) we took the day off and sat at home watching the Superbowl eating popcorn and homemade hotdogs.
    Could make your own American day with Happy Days vids, hotdogs, bagels etc

Good news - somebody's all healed up, we're going to Beach Hop boys
    Toby likes this.

ebf
    Good news R must be amped

Does Jet need a doggysitter ? I promise not to corrupt him too much
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Love how much wheel work there was just getting out of the driveway.
    ?

Ebf - yeah R is super stoked, he's been behaving mostly lol...took me out to town on Saturday ("hey I have a suprise, I want to take you to this cool 50s bar that has an ELEVATOR!" suprise surprise, OUT OF ORDER...groan!) and I am finally home now after my two days straight at work. So beyond tired it isn't even funny. But hey, the hop will be awesome, we're both pretty excited.

Good point about the Jetster. His daddy will be home for most of the time but if you're going for a walk in the hills, you know where to pick him up from!