Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Home build 3.4m Alloy Jetboat (photo heavy)

yes dougie -ive got 2 9"angle grinders and both of them are sociopathic mongrels in the wrong hands. I make bloody sure absolutely no one is in the immediate area when theyre used and its gotta be full protective gears .had a couple of hairy ones with using one the father in law gave us -a big old industrial one-fitted with a concrete blade . chewed up our old driveway when we relaid it.cow did kickback a couple of times-thank christ for the handle! would snap a wrist or forearm like a twig!
    dougie -mate the mystery of all those years is broken- Gwen dear!hey are you still doing a bit of writing for hunting mags??
    Dougie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    How to maintain a tan throughout winter:

And I don't like people using my stuff I have deer skin TIG gloves, too...mmmmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm with you on that. Helmets and gloves are like toothbrushes. You don't share......
    Dougie likes this.

northdude
    Sorry to off topic slightly but how do you guys find the auto darkening helmets I've tried a few but find I get welders flash off them go back to a manual one and I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Sorry to off topic slightly but how do you guys find the auto darkening helmets I've tried a few but find I get welders flash off them go back to a manual one and I don't get it
    fine, i think some have more delay than others and maybe will go more dark?

northdude
    Sometimes I can see the delay

Get one with 4 sensors and ya should be fine. Bottom of the range as with anything can be a bit crappy.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    kiwijames and Dougie like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Crank up the sensitivity or just bite the bullet and buy a better one... I have one for galv and another for tig because the mig one is shit and flashes me occasionally, it's about $99 I think. I don't want to ruin the good one by using it on spitty steel

Kotuku im writing for thebloke.co.nz

I stopped with NZO after they published photos without my permission, edited my articles and reviews without sending me a draft before publishing, then they fired the Editor who was sticking up for me.

She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

cheers for that flo -just carry on doin what ya doin cause by hell youre an outstanding example to women who want to get stuck in and mix it with the blokes -and so ya should.
    Dougie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Yeah, I get sick of that line "oh I can't do that - I'm a girl..." (usually just after I've tried to get them interested in joining up for vol fire...). Me daughter isn't going to get brought up to use that as an excuse!!!!
    I wouldn't say it's an excuse, more like the self doubt that society breeds into women.

She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    mines been a Voluee for 4yrs now and she caught 4 scribble faces stealing a boat.
    Savage1 and gadgetman like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

A jet boat? ;-) the 9" angle grinder will deal with them! :-)
    timattalon likes this.

northdude
    a good one I heard was live your life not your excuses

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    ???????

Self doubt, hell... We all bleed red and as a kiwi male I can't see where this self doubt that's bred by society comes from. Some of the worst people for it are other women, I was skippering a charter boat taking out a dive class made up of high school kids. One of the kids had a bad experience and gave herself a fright and came up early from the dive in a flutter and the female teacher give the kid a cuddle and told her "it's OK, we aren't all made to be good at the sporting things". Rather than calming the kid down and telling her to get back on the horse - that's one more person that just learnt not to give everything a go in life...

Anyway, bloody nice job on the boat - looks like it'll go good as on the water.
    Hang on, you said you can't see where it comes from but then gave a perfect example?

Anybody got a wife out there who criticises her own body while your daughters are in earshot?

Ever read a children's book where the hero was female and got to that position without a prince or dad or brother? (Good for you if you found one, now finds second. I bet you can't)

I'm not saying it's a man's fault...so don't get your heckles up. Just know that even though you're daddy (or husband, or best friend) sometimes only having one person who says "you can do it!" Is still hard to believe when it seems like there are a hundred other people out there saying that you can't.

I mean subliminally, I've never met another female engineer. If you're down on yourself perhaps one might assume that's because "females can't do it".

I don't know your kid but I guess what I'm trying to say is that you have never been a teenage girl.. you may find it difficult to understand the strange way her mind operates especially to do with self doubt, confidence, self hate, depression etc

Women are complex. I sure as hell don't understand them.

gadgetman and JoshC like this.

Hang on, you said you can't see where it comes from but then gave a perfect example?

Anybody got a wife out there who criticises her own body while your daughters are in earshot?

Ever read a children's book where the hero was female and got to that position without a prince or dad or brother? (Good for you if you found one, now finds second. I bet you can't)

I'm not saying it's a man's fault...so don't get your heckles up. Just know that even though you're daddy (or husband, or best friend) sometimes only having one person who says "you can do it!" Is still hard to believe when it seems like there are a hundred other people out there saying that you can't.

I mean subliminally, I've never met another female engineer. If you're down on yourself perhaps one might assume that's because "females can't do it".

I don't know your kid but I guess what I'm trying to say is that you have never been a teenage girl.. you may find it difficult to understand the strange way her mind operates especially to do with self doubt, confidence, self hate, depression etc

I mostly agree Dougie, my wife is a secondary teacher and recently retrained with a post-grad counselling degree so she could be employed as the school counselor (after teaching at that school for 6 years) - and she's sees/hears what you are saying everyday. She's been doing social type work and family planning work since she left school - started while she was at Uni. In this PC world we live in today it only seems to be getting worse - "everything" can be fixed with a cuddle, everyone's a winner etc. She's competitive so that p*sses her off - if there's 'no winners' and girls aren't supposed to beat guys, then it teaches kids to try their best! But in saying that recently there seems to a bit of a push (and rightly so) to reduce mollycoddling, sexism and discrimination. Some of the yarns she tells me are both shocking and hilarious.

I think a lot of it comes down to the area/environment they're raised in and how they're raised is no doubt the biggest one. I know heaps of girls raised in Southland/Otago and a few on the West Coast and South Canterbury and some in rural Australia and they're all as capable and hard as many of the guys I know. Some of the girls I went to Lincoln with are bloody tough. It's just seen as normal in these places for girls to get dirty hands like the boys. Maybe it's a rural thing?

Take my wife and her two sisters for example, they all had a country upbringing - all brought up on the farm and helping their Dad (and Mum when she could) was just part of it, driving quads, feeding out with tractors, shifting break fences with mud up to their knees in the middle of winter, working in the shearing shed, stacking hay in the middle of summer, pushing up sheep for days in the yards, loading stock trucks at daybreak, fencing, you name it they can do it. And they do that hard little fuss - as good as any man. They were taught by their parents that they could do anything they wanted to do. So they did, played rep rugby, netball, rowed, all prefects or head girl etc. They're pretty tough girls, all moved to the city for a while and all have gone on to do really well (the other two - one's a doctor and ones a lawyer for the defense force). They've all traveled extensively, one just did 3 months solo in India, ones just about to go solo to Cuba for a couple months! When their arse gets kicked, they just get up and keep going. It has been installed into them right from day one - which sounds a bit like yourself.

You see the Sunday program last night, interesting story about Farah Palmer - the first woman to sit at NZ Rugby's top table in 125 years. Not a bad watch.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/sunday

Sorry, a bit off topic!

Upload some vids of your boat in action mate!
    Dougie likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Hell, then we have no chance of figuring them out.....
    Dougie likes this.