Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Hunting vehicle maintenance

My Hilux gets cleaned every service at the Dealers, wasn't much of an issue with the last one every 7500 kms but the current one starts to look a little scruffy with the new 15000 km servicing, just as well its white
    Last edited by Kiwi Greg; 05-05-2016 at 08:14 PM.

When i live in the city I keep the little town car pretty immaculate.

But I got 10kms of dirt RD between home and the nearest sealed rd... Washing the Landy would just be an exercise in futility.
    7mmsaum likes this.

haha mine only gets a clean when it goes in for a service or through a river

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    My Hilux gets cleaned every service at the Dealers, wasn't much of an issue with the last one every 7500 kms but the current one starts to look a little scruffy with the new 15000 km servicing, just as well its white
    At least you have a truck. Ours has spent 2 1/2 months out of last 10 in the shop. First time was a cockup you may remember and now the local Mazda Garage have had it for last 4 weeks after the check enginge light came on. After a week they replaced the ecu and then said the wring loom is faulty and will be 10 days ex japan due last friday and now informed me today it is currently "lost in transit" AND I suspect it wont fix the problem either
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    At least you have a truck. Ours has spent 2 1/2 months out of last 10 in the shop. First time was a cockup you may remember and now the local Mazda Garage have had it for last 4 weeks after the check enginge light came on. After a week they replaced the ecu and then said the wring loom is faulty and will be 10 days ex japan due last friday and now informed me today it is currently "lost in transit" AND I suspect it wont fix the problem either
    1 word for you

HILUX

Hunting vehicle maintenance

Shit mikee you've had a crap run with that truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, 199p, mikee and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Shit mikee you've had a crap run with that truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i think its more of a the fact it seems that the repairers are not what they used to be.

I mean it went to Mazda this time since they would have all the shit / experience to fix it and the diagnostic tools.

Funniest thing so far is i got a lecture on how hard it is to get parts overseas quickly and how difficult things are to repair ( funny given my vocation and since i work for a National distributor not too mention we keep low stock levels cause we can get suff ex Japan in 2-3 days if needed). I can only imagine what shit would hit the fan if I told one of our customers it would be a month maybe longer, we are not sure really what the cause it. Missus and I have abet it will be a duff 50 dollar sensor somewhere
    BRADS and Beaker like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

i think its more of a the fact it seems that the repairers are not what they used to be.

I mean it went to Mazda this time since they would have all the shit / experience to fix it and the diagnostic tools.

Funniest thing so far is i got a lecture on how hard it is to get parts overseas quickly and how difficult things are to repair ( funny given my vocation and since i work for a National distributor not too mention we keep low stock levels cause we can get suff ex Japan in 2-3 days if needed). I can only imagine what shit would hit the fan if I told one of our customers it would be a month maybe longer, we are not sure really what the cause it. Missus and I have abet it will be a duff 50 dollar sensor somewhere
    HILUX

northdude
    the fuked up thing i find these days is trying to get parts for a bloody nz new vehicle once upon a time it was the imports that were a hassle as for maintenence i just do an oil and filter every 10000 very ocaisionally give it a wash and a good hose off underneath

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    HILUX
    They (Local Toyota agents) didn't want to sell me one, or even speak to me, and I suspect I would still be in the same boat anyway.

Maybe I should look out for a 2001-2010 Hilus for a hunting truck.

Caretaker
    They (Local Toyota agents) didn't want to sell me one, or even speak to me, and I suspect I would still be in the same boat anyway.

Maybe I should look out for a 2001-2010 Hilus for a hunting truck.
    Pre 2005 had better low down torque, softer hunting type suspension and 4wd button on gear knob, was more capable off road.
    veitnamcam and Savage1 like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    Pre 2005 had better low down torque, softer hunting type suspension and 4wd button on gear knob, was more capable off road.
    Greg is correct tho, Hilux is a much better town car than Mikees ford/mazda
    gadgetman likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Greg is correct tho, Hilux is a much better town car than Mikees ford/mazda
    Shit its not even my town car, I have to beg to borrow it !!
    Kiwi Greg likes this.

Shit its not even my town car, I have to beg to borrow it !!
    Bugger

I'm not one to worry about washing vehicles very often (they get washed when it rains), but maintenance is another story - looking after the mechanical bits generally pays off long term.