Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: ideas on frewza pontoon boats

ideas on frewza pontoon boats

im looking into buying a small pontoon boat for fishing/diving around the wairarapa coast. iv been looking at those frewza made boats, has anyone owned one or been in one? what do you think of them? i was mainly looking at them because of the resonable price and that id be able to beach launch anywhere as we dont exactly have the best launching areas around here. iv been told theres alot of room for the size of the boat, is the 30hp motor enough grunt for the size of the boat with 3-4 people onboard? just trying to get an idea.
    cheers.

You keen! Most of the boats I've seen on that ruggered coast were much bigger and launched wit D8s
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

i have been looking seriously for awhile now, i was going to buy a new frewza 4.4 sports console but the price is just too much for me, i ended up with a 4.3meter stabi with a 50hp on it
    From what ive been told the 4.4m specd with the 40hp are ok for 2 guys but there max loading is 4 people and with 4 guys the engine just doesnt cut it

i was also talking to a guy today that had a 4meter pontoon tiller steer with a 30hp on it and with 3 guys + dive gear he said he got a few frights coming back in the bar - going out was ok but shat him self a couple of times coming in as the waves would catch him - this is on the west coast of coarse
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

the issue with pontoon boats is the pontoons take up a lot of deck space there great boats however there are some gull wing style boats that have all the room in the world and are almost (very little in it) just as stable as a pontoon for diving etc

my boat is a fishcity 430 which comes in tiller steer, side console or center console. they also so now make the fishcity 465 which is forward control
    mine is the basic tiller steer model with a 30hp on the back allough a 40hp would be the go imo

two guys sitting on one side is no issue and it has way more deck space than most 16ft cabin boats
    I took a couple of mates out spearfishing the other day ( I rod fish from it that's all) and it didn't mind them jumping on and off one bit and my mate who dose a lot of diving was impressed with it

might be worth a test drive
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bryan and Barefoot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    You keen! Most of the boats I've seen on that ruggered coast were much bigger and launched wit D8s
    yeah mate i want something a bit handier than those big bastards haha. last time i launched a boat there i spend 2 hours stuck in the fecking sand.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    the issue with pontoon boats is the pontoons take up a lot of deck space there great boats however there are some gull wing style boats that have all the room in the world and are almost (very little in it) just as stable as a pontoon for diving etc

my boat is a fishcity 430 which comes in tiller steer, side console or center console. they also so now make the fishcity 465 which is forward control
    mine is the basic tiller steer model with a 30hp on the back allough a 40hp would be the go imo

two guys sitting on one side is no issue and it has way more deck space than most 16ft cabin boats
    I took a couple of mates out spearfishing the other day ( I rod fish from it that's all) and it didn't mind them jumping on and off one bit and my mate who dose a lot of diving was impressed with it

might be worth a test drive
    yeah room is also another thing i was considering, the frewzas look like theyve got more than most.
    i was also looking at those, they look like good little boats.

mates dad has a frewza 4m something, anymore than two and you would be in each others way
    and as its been said in other posts you loose a lot of interior space
    plus imo boats that size all seam to be under powered, nothing worse than not having enough grunt

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    mates dad has a frewza 4m something, anymore than two and you would be in each others way
    and as its been said in other posts you loose a lot of interior space
    plus imo boats that size all seam to be under powered, nothing worse than not having enough grunt

have to agree my fc430 gets along fine with its 30hp with 3-4 guys however I do think it needs more as it doesn't have enough as cruseing speed 19knots I like to be able to give it to it if I need to but only get an extra knot out of the 30.....

plan to put a 40 on next year or the year after that should give it the extra peep it needs

also if your doing a lot of diveing dive gear tanks etc a very heavy so you do need a bigger motor

Quote Originally Posted by silentscope View Post
    yeah room is also another thing i was considering, the frewzas look like theyve got more than most.
    i was also looking at those, they look like good little boats.
    they are great little boats mate but as I said above I would suggest a 40 if your doing a lot of diving or have a few people on board

yeah i think ill go with a bigger outboard for sure. decisions decisions haha

This is what we use for diving, can get 4 divers on with 3 bottles each but can be a squeeze, nice and light and easy to launch from the beach. I can't imagine putting more people than that on a boat any smaller, especially under 50 HP.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 2627
Size:  105.7 KBName:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 2366
Size:  113.5 KBName:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 2415
Size:  128.2 KB

Just realised you want it for fishing as well, inflatable pontoons not so ideal.
    R93 likes this.

i put a 90 on the back of my 4.5 centre console i built
    never looked back had plenty of grunt and was good on gas aswell cos you wernt ringing its tits off
    Savage1 likes this.

i thought about an inflatable, but then again theres rocks for africa around where im wanting to go so need something that wont pop or get a hole in it. i have been thinking about getting just a hull, then building a centre/side console and adding a 50hp to it, could do it far cheaper than what anyone is offering in their package deals.

this is what i ended up with

Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

My two cents . My mate has an inflatable 4.2 non ridged hull . 30 hp yammy struggles to get on plane with three of us no tanks .
    My bro got a plastic Mac boat same size and flys with a 30 , it's not a bad wee boat , but you can get wet .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms